Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve?

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #61  
California,
On the schematics you posted on post #49 The second schematic does not show a relief for the 3PH. The relief valve shown for the 3PH is down stream of the control valve and would act more like a surge relief than a system relief. The first schematic with the two spool directional also shows a relief that is connected to tank and the nomenclature also states it must go direct to tank.. What that schematic does not show is which line goes to the 3PH valve.

Oldnslo

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve?
schematic does not show ... which line goes to the 3PH valve.
I added:
('Outlet A' in both diagrams is the Divider Block shown in the Operation Manual and my photo.)
to that post to make it (slightly) clearer.

The Divider Block is in the pressure line between the pump and the 3-point assembly.

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #63  
The Divider Block is in the pressure line between the pump and the 3-point assembly.

Mine is too, and my pump relief is in the divider thats where my P/S gets line pressure/relief also fwtw.

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #64  
Thanks for all the feedback. I am double cautious when I unhook and hook up my loader as I am aware what will happens if it deadheads. I do remove and install it quite frequently. I know the chance is there for the quick disconnects to come apart so I may have to look into a relief valve. What would be the thought on me just leaving the relief valve opening open to the atmosphere? If it did uncouple and relieve I would think I would have time to react and keep complete disaster from occurring. The cost of a little wasted fluid to me would be better than having to plumb another line into the sump. :thumbsup:

Now on to the power beyond. Two more pictures. The first is looking straight down into the very top unused opening on the valve. It may not be clear enough but there is another set of threads about an inch down in the valve. Guessing that is where the sleeve or plug might go? :confused3: There is an opening in the valve body between those threads and the top gasketed plug.

The second picture is looking straight up into the bottom unused opening. Best I can tell it just shares the same cavity with the bottom inlet line. No idea what it would be used for?

Neat 1500, sounds like you and I have about the same setup except you are plumbed for power beyond. Any idea what the fitting looks like in that top opening? Does your top hose go the the 3 point and where does your top side hose go in to the tank?

Thanks again for everyones willingness to help. :thumbsup:

Back again, just thought of something. I have factory power steering and a diverter block that diverts a set amount of fluid to power steering. This is before the quick disconnect. Wondering if I might be protected there from pump disaster?? Ideas?

Attachments

• 100_5873.jpg
    100_5873.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_5875.JPG
    100_5875.JPG
    884.8 KB · Views: 144
   / Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #65  
Back again, just thought of something. I have factory power steering and a diverter block that diverts a set amount of fluid to power steering. This is before the quick disconnect. Wondering if I might be protected there from pump disaster?? Ideas?

Very likely. I would add that it wont be pretty (test your gaskets) or sound nice btdt but....thats what the throttle is for shut her down.

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #66  
Winston, If you and neat have the same valve and he has PB then, it's possible you will have it available to use if you can find the PB sleeve and choose to use it.All this Hydraulic stuff was new to me, until I added loader and then, wanted a Grapple.Now I know just enough to get me in trouble:laughing:

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #67  
Why not screw a pipe plug with loctit into the top hole, blow air into P port and air well only come out the PB hole only. If that works then use a oring fitting and hook that hose to the 3pt. and the other one to tank. I would say that is why that hole in the bracket is there in the 1st place. Also I would move the valve so it would stay with the tractor when loader was taken off and put QC on the work ports, then you could take off that QC in the pressure line.

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #68  
Why not screw a pipe plug with loctit into the top hole, blow air into P port and air well only come out the PB hole only. If that works then use a oring fitting and hook that hose to the 3pt. and the other one to tank. I would say that is why that hole in the bracket is there in the 1st place. Also I would move the valve so it would stay with the tractor when loader was taken off and put QC on the work ports, then you could take off that QC in the pressure line.

Had great hopes with your suggestion and went to try it but my problem is I can't identify the threads down in that hole. They are larger than 1/4" npt and smaller than 3/8" npt. I'm supposing they are a metric thread made for Akon's sleeve. I have sent them an email on their websight but no idea whether they will respond to me.

Got to go for awhile but I may try to identify those threads a little closer after a while. I know they are in the 16mm range.

Back with an update for what it is worth. I believe those inside threads are m16-1.5. Just thinking it is a special fitting that should be there.

Last edited:
   / Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #69  
I added:
('Outlet A' in both diagrams is the Divider Block shown in the Operation Manual and my photo.)
to that post to make it (slightly) clearer.

California,
My bad I missed that note. In that case the first schematic shows the relief valve in the directional block and says it must be vented direct to tank. Be nice if they would say or show where to connect it to tank...

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #70  
Had great hopes with your suggestion and went to try it but my problem is I can't identify the threads down in that hole. They are larger than 1/4" npt and smaller than 3/8" npt. I'm supposing they are a metric thread made for Akon's sleeve. I have sent them an email on their websight but no idea whether they will respond to me.

Got to go for awhile but I may try to identify those threads a little closer after a while. I know they are in the 16mm range.

Back with an update for what it is worth. I believe those inside threads are m16-1.5. Just thinking it is a special fitting that should be there.

Possible these threads are Japanese JIS Tapered pipe? They would be 3/8-19 and approx 16.7 mm OD on the female thread. JIS tapered and BSTP (British Standard Tapered Pipe) are interchangable.