Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Default Re: Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve?

Quote Originally Posted by oldnslo View Post
    Possible these threads are Japanese JIS Tapered pipe? They would be 3/8-19 and approx 16.7 mm OD on the female thread. JIS tapered and BSTP (British Standard Tapered Pipe) are interchangable.
    The metric 1.5 thread gauge seems to fit the threads right on. 19tpi would equate to about 1.3 metric. Sure not positive but another thing that makes me think it is a straight thread is because it is a short thread, I would guess about 3/8" long. I'm still holding my breath "Akon" will respond this next week. Maybe Neat 1500 will shed more light for me.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Branson 2400H

Quote Originally Posted by winston1 View Post
    The metric 1.5 thread gauge seems to fit the threads right on. 19tpi would equate to about 1.3 metric. Sure not positive but another thing that makes me think it is a straight thread is because it is a short thread, I would guess about 3/8" long. I'm still holding my breath "Akon" will respond this next week. Maybe Neat 1500 will shed more light for me.
    M16 x 1.5 is standard size of metric fitting so it could also be that. Normally these types of fittings would have a flat spotface and or a chamfer on them like an american SAE O-ring port.

best of luck on getting the proper fitting and getting your tractor back in operation.
    Artificial Intelligence will never overcome natural stupidity.

Branson 2400H MMM & FEL

JD 112

BX1850 gone but not forgotten

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Thanks again for your willingness to shed light. The surface does have a little chamfer or bevel on it. I am in operation but have been convinced I'm just not plumbed correctly. I have had absolutly no problems without the power beyond port but still want to do it correctly if possible without buying a new valve or something.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Ok its all back together.

I plumbed the new loader valve the same way it had been for 30 years, with the valve's Out port in series ahead of the 3 point control.

Everything works properly.

Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve?-p1360255rloadercontrolinstalled.jpg

Bonus photo! While I was working, this little guy (juvenile coyote, or fox?) came across the front of my open-front tractor stall. He was following a scent and was unconcerned that I noticed him. By the time I reached the camera he seemed annoyed, and departed - moving toward me a few yards (photo) so he could go around the other side of the house.

Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve?-p1360248rcoyoteorfox.jpg
    Last edited by California; 02-03-2013 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Critter pix retitled 'CoyoteOrFox'

Tractor
    Yanmar YM1500 Red & YM14 MkII

Here are the photos of my tank return and my loader valve.Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve?-025.jpgPower Beyond vs Series for loader valve?-026.jpgPower Beyond vs Series for loader valve?-027.jpgPower Beyond vs Series for loader valve?-028.jpgPower Beyond vs Series for loader valve?-029.jpg
    Paul YM1500 & YM14 MkII

J_J
    Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Quote Originally Posted by ghenges View Post
    The pump won't blow.

The special Woodruff key on the pump shaft will shear.
    Yanmar designed the mechanical pump connection to shear before destroying the pump or anything driving it.
    Do you have any reference for your statement about the shaft key.

I just never knew you could select a woodruff key to shear at a selected torque.

In general, a shear key is supposed to be weaker than the surrounding metal .

Shaft Keys - Types and Their Design

Diagram at the bottom of page will explain how compute the torque required to shear.
    Last edited by J_J; 02-03-2013 at 07:41 AM.
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Quote Originally Posted by Neat 1500 View Post
    Here are the photos of my tank return and my loader valve.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	025.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	541.7 KB 
ID:	301108Click image for larger version. 

Name:	026.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	588.3 KB 
ID:	301109Click image for larger version. 

Name:	027.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	641.2 KB 
ID:	301110Click image for larger version. 

Name:	028.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	665.4 KB 
ID:	301111Click image for larger version. 

Name:	029.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	589.5 KB 
ID:	301112
    Thank you neat 1500 for the pictures. I know what I need to do now. Only thing holding me back is identifying and procuring whatever fitting is in that top plug hole. Hoping "Akon" will respond but dubious.

California, I have pretty much destroyed your thread. I should have started a new one so I apologize to you and good to know you are up and going with your new valve. We have the coyotes pretty thick here in East Texas. That one almost looks to young to be out on his own.

Tractor

Winston, don't worry about distracting my inquiry. We have both received a lot of good advice. This thread has accumulated a lot of information that will be helpful to other owners who research this in the future.

For me, I learned that replacing my loader control in series is 'good enough for the girls I go with' as an old Carpenter buddy used to say. In contrast to this, the 'Best Practices' solution is a separate Tank Return like that kubota dealer started doing.

Also using series configuration, the 3-point lever must be at Down or Hold (not Lift!) so it isn't making back pressure, any time the loader controls are used. If that were in Lift position then the back pressure from the 3-point may be additive to the pressure allowed by the loader control's relief valve.

And finally, my wife saw the critter picture and is sure that's a fox, not coyote. Anybody know? For comparison here are coyote pictures I posted a year ago and below is one from two weeks ago. I still think from the little guy's behavior following a zig-zag scent on the ground and ignoring me, he was probably a baby tracking where Mommy went.

Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve?-p1700403rcoyote4.jpg
    Last edited by California; 02-03-2013 at 05:34 PM.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

After looking at numerous pictures I may have to agree with your wife. Might be a California grey fox. california foxes grey - Bing Images

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by winston1 View Post
    After looking at numerous pictures I may have to agree with your wife. Might be a California grey fox. california foxes grey - Bing Images
    You nailed it! I sent the photo to a friend who is a wildlife biologist with F&G. Just got this back:
    That is an adult gray fox. Remarkably they live in close contact with people because they don't perceive us as threats. Every year I speak to at least a dozen people where foxes have had litters under their porches. Pups are frolicking on their patio furniture and even try to enter the house. My guess is that the fox could be denning in the barn - I would not be surprised to see pups around in the spring.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast