Tractor
    YM3110

Default 3110 Hydraulic Service and other questions

Hey fellas, couple of quick questions

1) When servicing the Hydraulics filter/screen/whatever-it-is, that is accessed at the back/bottom of the differential, is it required to drain the sump? Just wondering if the filter can be inspected outside of a fluid change. Looks to me as if you pull that thing, then all the fluid would come pouring out.

2) What size are the grease fittings on the 3110? I have a few that need replacing but figured I may as well do 'em all at once. They look like they are all the same size to me. I dropped by Northern Tool with one I had pulled off my lift arm but they didn't have them. Maybe Tractor Supply? There is a large JD dealer about 20 miles away as well.

3) One of the hydraulic lines on my tractor was cut at some point, under the right running-board. It's the larger of the two lines (return I think?) and I assume it was cut for an auxiliary unit like an FEL. Somebody patched it with a piece of rubber hose and some clamps . Could I just get a brass "T", flare the two ends of the cut, put in the "T" and the cap the spare outlet? Just as easy as a coupling but provides flexibility in future. My fluid level has dropped the last week when it had remain steady for the previous 40 hours or so. There has been a minor leak at the patch since I bought the tractor, but I have been using my new 6 ft, heavy framed disc harrow this week and I'm wondering if the added strain has made the leak worse. As part of my start of the year maintenance I want to go ahead and fix this patch.

Thanx for any advice,

Dallas
    YM 3110, Leinbach 82-14 bottom plow, Boom Pole, 16 ft. equip trailer.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Default Re: 3110 Hydraulic Service and other questions

Not familiar with your 3110 but do know some models had that rubber boot on there from the factory as shown here on the 2000. Yanmar Tractor Parts: HYDRAULIC_SYSTEM

Tractor
    YM3110

That thing is supposed to be on there !!??? Wow. Why? But yeah that is exactly what it looks like on my tractor Winston. However there is definitely a leak there on mine. Maybe it just needs to be replaced as the rubber looks cracked and kinda dry-rotted.

Thanx Brother!
    YM 3110, Leinbach 82-14 bottom plow, Boom Pole, 16 ft. equip trailer.

Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

Yes, the rubber splice in the return line is factory. I had to replace my rubber hose there. If you don't drain the sump B-4 you remove the filter screen cover you will have fluid everywhere
    Yanmar 3110D
    07 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins
    Husky 372xp
    Husky 55 Rancher
    Maruyama trimmer
    Husky trimmer
    Redmax BP blower
    Toro zero turn
    North Star 4 K PSI pressure washer
    Honda 300 4 trax
    Yamaha Timberwolf
    liquid logic coupe kayak
    16' Tow Master Dump Trailer ,20' Yanmar Hauler

Tractor
    YM3810D Yanmar

Humm mine is a solid line all the way from pump to the rear end guess I never noticed that until now.
    Yanmar YM3810D, LT duty 3pt hoe, 6' KK2 tiller, 6' KK box blade, 6 1/2' KK disc, 5' Howse bush hog, 5' Howse back blade, 9" Yellow PHD, 3 Husky chain saws 346XP NE, 359, 372XP. 07 HD Heritage Softail, Crack injectors, check compression, take 2 beers and call me. "Hey you didn't build that."

Tractor
    YM3810D Yanmar

Well my return does have that rubber coupler after all for the record I looked but missed it earlier. I did my loader valve plumbing yesterday and had the right floor board out and there it is bigger than Dallas.
    Yanmar YM3810D, LT duty 3pt hoe, 6' KK2 tiller, 6' KK box blade, 6 1/2' KK disc, 5' Howse bush hog, 5' Howse back blade, 9" Yellow PHD, 3 Husky chain saws 346XP NE, 359, 372XP. 07 HD Heritage Softail, Crack injectors, check compression, take 2 beers and call me. "Hey you didn't build that."