rebuilding 1610D engine.

/ rebuilding 1610D engine. #1  

jmf7112001

Silver Member
Tractor
Many different models
I'm starting to restore one it has a cracked cylinder wall. Does this engine have replacable inserts?

/ rebuilding 1610D engine. #3  
No replaceable liners on that one. It depends on where the crack is a good machine shop can do wonders and sleeves are commonly installed in cracked blocks the crack needs to be magnafluxed at the minimum. Keep one thing in mind there could be cracks elsewhere and probably are. Why did it crack anyway do you know the history? Did it freeze up or overheated and someone added water?

If the crack extends below where the boring would stop at the bottom of the cyl to index the bottom of the sleeve it wont work also if it extends to the deck it may create head gasket issues depending on the area it extends to and whether the gasket seals it or not. Personally I wouldn't sleeve it if it went to the deck but if its the last block on the planet which Coldwater in the next post proves its not :thumbsup: thats the only way I would take a chance.

Last edited:
   / rebuilding 1610D engine.
thank you, but i would like something closer to alabama, so i can see it before i buy it. Anybody got a 1610D short block at a reasonable price in southern USA

/ rebuilding 1610D engine. #6  
You can't buy short blocks,or rebuilt engines-they don't exist. All you can do is search the junk yards.

Last edited:
   / rebuilding 1610D engine. #8  
just for the fun of it what do you all think a good running used ym1610/1601 short block should cost?????

/ rebuilding 1610D engine. #9  
x2 on trying West Kentucky Tractor parts. I have dealt with them and they have great service.

/ rebuilding 1610D engine. #10  
just for the fun of it what do you all think a good running used ym1610/1601 short block should cost?????

Uh, yours lemme guess.....hmmm? For a short block, i would say $1000? You dont have to answer me here if you dont want to im just playing a guessing game!