suitcase weights

/ suitcase weights #1  

lancem

Bronze Member
Tractor
YM2000
I have been looking high and low for some new or used suitcase weights. I found a lot of them but the shipping cost was was very high. I finally found some at the Home Depot with FREE shipping! They are 42lb John Deere weights and fit perfectly on the front of my YM2000. I don't know how long free shipping will last, so you might want to jump on it.Rear Suitcase Weight-BG20029 at The Home Depot

/ suitcase weights #2  
I have been looking high and low for some new or used suitcase weights. I found a lot of them but the shipping cost was was very high. I finally found some at the Home Depot with FREE shipping! They are 42lb John Deere weights and fit perfectly on the front of my YM2000. I don't know how long free shipping will last, so you might want to jump on it.Rear Suitcase Weight-BG20029 at The Home Depot

I have been looking everywhere for these new or used , I'm going to order 12 about 500 lbs and would never have thought Home Depot would carry them and with free shipping it's a no brainer . I found 3 on ebay but the seller would not ship them ,Thanks lancem you just made my day ! :cool2::drink: P.S. The ups man is going to hate me !

/ suitcase weights #3  
OUCH,,, $1.40 per lb. Best place to find weights is at farm sales. Most can be bought for .50 per lb or less.

/ suitcase weights
Yes, I went to three of them and could never buy less than 1000lbs.

/ suitcase weights #5  
Maybe this isn't possible, but have you guys checked at a dealership?? I can't imagine that your local JD dealer would charge more than $1.40 per lb. Seems the going rate for new weights is $1.00 per lb.

/ suitcase weights #6  
OUCH,,, $1.40 per lb. Best place to find weights is at farm sales. Most can be bought for .50 per lb or less.

I tried to buy them at a few local auctions and the price always ended up over $75.00 each rusted , you have to remember they have that nice little Deere on them !:laughing:

/ suitcase weights #7  
I've bought a lot of weights as farm sales. These are White suitcase weights, 105lb each, paid .30 per lb. There are deals out there, just gotta be patient.

DSC01142_zpsb0e7aa74.jpg

DSC01141_zps7009e209.jpg

/ suitcase weights #8  
I tried to buy them at a few local auctions and the price always ended up over $75.00 each rusted , you have to remember they have that nice little Deere on them !:laughing:

I totally understand, I'm an appearance guy too!!!

/ suitcase weights #9  
Maybe this isn't possible, but have you guys checked at a dealership?? I can't imagine that your local JD dealer would charge more than $1.40 per lb. Seems the going rate for new weights is $1.00 per lb.

Now you got me thinking and I called the local JD dealership they priced me at $90.00 each back in December and had to order them , That's why I started looking else where Now 5 minutes ago they priced me at $35.00 each and had 9 in stock ?? I guess they must have an overstock ?? Still glad you made me think about this today ,Thanks everybody gotta go warm up the truck !

/ suitcase weights
My local JD dealership wanted $92 for the exact same weights. My local Kubota dealership just looked at me like i had two heads.