Help!!! injector removal and injector pump removal

/ Help!!! injector removal and injector pump removal #1  

msuttner

Tractor
Jinma 184
I have a 2210BD and I am trying to remove a bad injector and remove the injector pump to get tested and rebuilt if needed. The injector will not move its one of those pressed in ones. I spoke to a mechanic and he said you just have to pry it out!!! Well I have tried /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif and it is not budgeing 25 years stuck... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif any sugestions??? Also whats the procedure to remove the injector pump?? Any help will be greatly appreciated

/ Help!!! injector removal and injector pump removal #2  
<font color="blue">( I am trying to remove a bad injector and remove the injector pump to get tested )</font>

How did you determine the injector is bad? What are the symptoms?

…It’s very rare you would have “multiple” items being defective at one given time… (short of an internal engine disaster)

<font color="blue"> (its one of those pressed in ones. ) </font>

No doubt… I haven’t seen everything… but never a “machine pressed” injector… and if that was the case you would normally replace an entire assembly… /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Tell us what is going on or not going on to help ya better…

/ Help!!! injector removal and injector pump removal
OK this is the scoop!!The tractor was beginning to be very hard starting and finally wouldn't start at all. So I bleed the fuel line up to the injectors thinking there might be air in the line. That didn't work, so I called Buck and he first thought it might be the injector pump. He also said that by pulling the injector and geting them checked and cleaned would Eliminate that as the problem. I also spoke to another mechanic on the phone and he said that by pulling one of the injectors you could see if the pump was working by turning the tractor over with the injector connected to the fuel line but out of the head. Sooo I went about trying to get an injector out by taking the retainer plate off that holds the injector down and then trying to pry the injector out. Well no luck the injector is stuck So what to do? Also in the prosses I damaged the injector now I have to get it out. Help!!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Help!!! injector removal and injector pump removal #4  
I understand that they have pullers to pull them out. You can probably rent one, at one of the rental places.

/ Help!!! injector removal and injector pump removal #5  
You should soak the area around the injector overnight using Blaster, Liquid Wrench or Kroil, or any good penetrant to loosen the rust and gunk. Then put a long bolt into the threads where you removed the injector fuel line and with ViseGrips work it back and forth as you pull it out.

/ Help!!! injector removal and injector pump removal #6  
while it's possible i've never heard of a pressed in direct injector most of the time it has eather threads or a retainer i've never seen one not have one of the 2 designs. Exception is direct fuel injectors on gas cars.

If it is send me some pics because i find it hard to believe it would hold in place from all the cylinder pressure and vibaration and pressure of injection seems to me like it wouldn't work.

They do make pullers for cummins and some other injectors but i'm sure they have a retainer that holds them in and they have the cam to hold them in the head during injection. I use a crows foot on powerstroke ones but before you start prying i'd investigate a engine diagram or look at the injector most IDI engines are threaded into the head especialy if they have lines.

The update.. I have a diesel mechanic working on the tractor and he can't seem to get the injector out /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. He said that he may have to take the head off in order to get the injector out. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Well at least its not stuck in the mud /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Help!!! injector removal and injector pump removal #8  
I have completely disassembled 2 YM1110D heads and didn't have any problems removing the injectors, though I have heard that they can be trouble. As someone else said, soak the area with a penetrating oil overnight. Also someone once told me that you should loosen the retainer (back off on the two nuts holding the retainer against the injector a couple of turns), then just turn the engine over a few times and the compression should pop them loose.

For the others, I have attached a scan of the parts diagram for the injector and retainer arrangement. The nuts to loosen are labeled 23, the injector is not labeled with a number in this diagram.

Attachments

• 300264-inj_chamsm.jpg
    300264-inj_chamsm.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,636
Thank you all for your help with my Yanmar Problems.
I solved the problem by Purchasing a Jinma 184 from EFC. I had purchased the Yanmar 2210BD from Buck at EFC equipment. I liked the Yanmar but had some problems with it as you can tell. Buck took the Yanmar back and gave me what I paid for it towards the purchase of the new Jinma 184, Thank You Buck /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. If you are looking for a tractor, I Highly recommend you talk to Buck at EFC.
Michael

/ Help!!! injector removal and injector pump removal #10  
Now Buck will have to tell us what he finds wrong with it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Way to go Buck for taking care of a customer.