Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Yanmar 2620D

Default Re: LED headlights and light bar for YM2620D - pics and summary

Hi Kenmac, yep, it is. I traded my YM2420 for it in January. I really like it the extra size, 4wd, and loader. Really enjoying it. My previous was from them also.

Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

I have had no major problems in 8-9 yrs. Had the loader installed (year ago ?). I just couldn't get it to work correctly the way it was plumbed.I re-plumbed the hydraulics on the loader and have had no nore problems.Your's should serve you well
    Last edited by kenmac; 02-11-2013 at 10:54 PM.
    Yanmar 3110D
    07 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins
    Husky 372xp
    Husky 55 Rancher
    Maruyama trimmer
    Husky trimmer
    Redmax BP blower
    Toro zero turn
    North Star 4 K PSI pressure washer
    Honda 300 4 trax
    Yamaha Timberwolf
    liquid logic coupe kayak
    16' Tow Master Dump Trailer ,20' Yanmar Hauler

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

Nice Build.

Its hard to beat the output of LED's!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    International Harvester 284, Yanmar 1401D, Yanmar 240, and others...many others...

Tractor
    yanmar YM-1700

Welcome to TBN doctorwho00,
    is a nice job you have done on the lighting your neighbors will have thought a UFO has landed
    Looking at the top light mounted to your ROPS, Do you have it to where it will rotate over if needed to light-up the rear if working behind the tractor, to keep from having to turn the tractor around,
    actually I've been thinking of installing some sort of light just insdie the ROPS of my tractor, One on a handle like the cop cars have as spot lights, use a wide beam light instead, this way could quickly direct the light anywhere needed, in your search for the lights you found did you happen to run up on anything like I have described?
    if so where?
    again job well done
    BTW are you a fan of the Doctor Who Tv show ?
    Never judge a man until you've walked a day in his shoes,

Tractor
    Yanmar 2620D

284 International, yes, you found the LEDs I used for the headlights. This is the same lightbar I used also from a different seller on eBay. (a few people seem to sell them) 72W Light Bar LED CREE Spot Work Off Road Fog Driving 4x4 SUV Roof Bar Bumper 12 | eBay

Tractor
    Yanmar 2620D

Hi deepNdirt, my lightbar on top will rotate around to the back. However, you have to loosen a set screw on each side for that to work. I could install a thumb screw head on it to make that something I could do on the fly though which would be pretty handy. I have a small light on the rear on a separate switch, but it's not as bright as the light bar. (round 20w LED light mounted on the fender where utility lights are usually installed)

I like your idea of a moveable spotlight. You could perhaps use something like a round 20w flood or spotlight which are readily available and then create some sort of bracket to hold it and allow it to rotate around. That wouldn't be too hard to make I think. I did find someone who sells one already made also. (Permanent Mount Control Light - Rotates and Pivots - 7, 3-Watt CREE LEDs - 625' Spot Beam - MagnaLight) Another option might be a handheld spotlight. I have one of these I use around the farm, and it actually came with a mountable "holster". It runs on batteries or a 12v cord, so you could run it off of tractor power. Nice thing is, you could have a free range of motion with this and really point it where you wanted it. Amazon.com: Streamlight 44900 Waypoint Spotlight with 12V DC Power Cord, Yellow: Home Improvement

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    International Harvester 284, Yanmar 1401D, Yanmar 240, and others...many others...

As you can tell, I am very interested in your project. Thanks again for sharing. Are you able to post photos to compare the headlights to the light bar? Also, are all the settings on your camera alike between beamshots? (ISO setting, shutter speed, aperture etc)

Tractor
    Yanmar 2620D

Hi 284 International, the camera settings are the same. I haven't taken too many beamshot photos yet (just the two I posted), but I'll be happy to take some later this week and post them. It may be late this week or this weekend before I get them posted. I'll set the tractor in an open area and take some shots of the different variations of lights being on and off.

Tractor
    YM3810D Yanmar

Welcome to the group! Wow that is some serious light to work with I am amazed how far out that goes man that really works nice good job! Carey made a good point on the alt/electrical system but sounds like you have done the homework well done sir! Oh I have a buddy with a 2620D yours looks a lot better though.
    Yanmar YM3810D, LT duty 3pt hoe, 6' KK2 tiller, 6' KK box blade, 6 1/2' KK disc, 5' Howse bush hog, 5' Howse back blade, 9" Yellow PHD, 3 Husky chain saws 346XP NE, 359, 372XP. 07 HD Heritage Softail, Crack injectors, check compression, take 2 beers and call me. "Hey you didn't build that."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast