New Seat

/ New Seat #1  

YM1720D

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1720D
I thought I'd share my new seat pics with everyone... got it for my birthday!
My old seat had weather cracks in it and the foam was water logged and I got a wet behind everytime I sat in it, even it had been dry for months. It was really getting old. lol
New seat came from local tractor supply co. and is a great fit. It didn't come with the flip up brackets, I had to transfer them from my old seat.
It is a little higher backed than the old seat but has a great feel to it. The box even lists grey Yanmars that it fits!
Very happy with it, hope it holds up well.

Attachments

• IMAG0508.jpg
    IMAG0508.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 218
  • IMAG0509.jpg
    IMAG0509.jpg
    928.5 KB · Views: 209
  • IMAG0510.jpg
    IMAG0510.jpg
    969.4 KB · Views: 234
  • IMAG0511.jpg
    IMAG0511.jpg
    807.7 KB · Views: 196
  • IMAG0512.jpg
    IMAG0512.jpg
    980.7 KB · Views: 235
  • IMAG0514.jpg
    IMAG0514.jpg
    823.1 KB · Views: 210
  • IMAG0515.jpg
    IMAG0515.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 160
   / New Seat #2  
Looks good!

I think every bit of height helps, as armor in case the mower ever throws a big chunk of debris.

/ New Seat #3  
Seat looks good. I was in TC a couple months back and saw that they had them.They also had the brackets.For a even more confortable ride. Get rid of those rubber bumpers and install springs :thumbsup:

/ New Seat #4  
Nice......you'll be riding in comfort now!!:thumbsup:

/ New Seat #6  
It is essential to have a comfortable seat if your plans are to get any work done, :thumbsup: Is the very first thing I changed on my tractor when first getting it,... Incidentally: I was at northern tools Saturday and they had some tractor seats on clearance for 80.00 very confortable looking as well as had arm rest,

/ New Seat #7  
I was also in need of a new seat when I recently refurbished my 1500D (Green). I wanted to retain as much of the original look as possible, even though the pan-style seats are not the most comfortable of seat designs.

A friend of mine has started his own upholstery business on the side and we had discussed reupholstering the seat even before I started to refurbish the tractor. I took the seat to him after I had stripped the original upholstery off and sandblasted & painted the steel pan. I had sent him pictures of the seat before it was stripped. We agreed on the use of plain black and scrap materials to keep the cost down. He asked if I wanted anything special like pleats, but I told him that I was fine with whatever he wanted to do and the simplistic original design worked for me. During the wait though, I had wondered if I should have got the pleats as it sounded like the pleated seat may have a more appealing look.

He sent me a picture of the seat when the job was done and I was amazed. There it was... complete with pleats! It looked even better in person when I picked it up. He did a great job and I think that it looks better on the tractor than the original smooth seat upholstery.

I can't comment on the actual cost as he didn't want anything for the work. I had to give him a few dollars, although it was only a percentage of the value of the quality job that I received.

Attachments

• 2013-01-19-27 Seat.jpg
    2013-01-19-27 Seat.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 2013-01-19-26 Seat.jpg
    2013-01-19-26 Seat.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 2013-01-19-37 Seat.jpg
    2013-01-19-37 Seat.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 165
   / New Seat #8  
I was also in need of a new seat when I recently refurbished my 1500D (Green). I wanted to retain as much of the original look as possible, even though the pan-style seats are not the most comfortable of seat designs.

A friend of mine has started his own upholstery business on the side and we had discussed reupholstering the seat even before I started to refurbish the tractor. I took the seat to him after I had stripped the original upholstery off and sandblasted & painted the steel pan. I had sent him pictures of the seat before it was stripped. We agreed on the use of plain black and scrap materials to keep the cost down. He asked if I wanted anything special like pleats, but I told him that I was fine with whatever he wanted to do and the simplistic original design worked for me. During the wait though, I had wondered if I should have got the pleats as it sounded like the pleated seat may have a more appealing look.

He sent me a picture of the seat when the job was done and I was amazed. There it was... complete with pleats! It looked even better in person when I picked it up. He did a great job and I think that it looks better on the tractor than the original smooth seat upholstery.

I can't comment on the actual cost as he didn't want anything for the work. I had to give him a few dollars, although it was only a percentage of the value of the quality job that I received.

Now that is sharp. Only problem, that tractor looks to good to get dirty. :D

/ New Seat
Thanks guys

Batesbunch- that's a super nice looking seat!

/ New Seat
Thanks guys

Batesbunch- that's a super nice looking seat!