Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1720D

Default New Seat

I thought I'd share my new seat pics with everyone... got it for my birthday!
    My old seat had weather cracks in it and the foam was water logged and I got a wet behind everytime I sat in it, even it had been dry for months. It was really getting old. lol
    New seat came from local tractor supply co. and is a great fit. It didn't come with the flip up brackets, I had to transfer them from my old seat.
    It is a little higher backed than the old seat but has a great feel to it. The box even lists grey Yanmars that it fits!
    Very happy with it, hope it holds up well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Seat-imag0508.jpg   New Seat-imag0509.jpg   New Seat-imag0510.jpg   New Seat-imag0511.jpg   New Seat-imag0512.jpg  

New Seat-imag0514.jpg   New Seat-imag0515.jpg  

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Default Re: New Seat

Looks good!

I think every bit of height helps, as armor in case the mower ever throws a big chunk of debris.

Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

Seat looks good. I was in TC a couple months back and saw that they had them.They also had the brackets.For a even more confortable ride. Get rid of those rubber bumpers and install springs
    Yanmar 3110D
    07 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins
    Husky 372xp
    Husky 55 Rancher
    Maruyama trimmer
    Husky trimmer
    Redmax BP blower
    Toro zero turn
    North Star 4 K PSI pressure washer
    Honda 300 4 trax
    Yamaha Timberwolf
    liquid logic coupe kayak
    16' Tow Master Dump Trailer ,20' Yanmar Hauler

Tractor
    yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter

Nice......you'll be riding in comfort now!!
    I Intend to Live Forever.....So Far....So Good!

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Congratulations.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    yanmar YM-1700

It is essential to have a comfortable seat if your plans are to get any work done, Is the very first thing I changed on my tractor when first getting it,... Incidentally: I was at northern tools Saturday and they had some tractor seats on clearance for 80.00 very confortable looking as well as had arm rest,
    Never judge a man until you've walked a day in his shoes,

Tractor
    Yanmar YM1500D (Green), Yanmar YM3110D

I was also in need of a new seat when I recently refurbished my 1500D (Green). I wanted to retain as much of the original look as possible, even though the pan-style seats are not the most comfortable of seat designs.

A friend of mine has started his own upholstery business on the side and we had discussed reupholstering the seat even before I started to refurbish the tractor. I took the seat to him after I had stripped the original upholstery off and sandblasted & painted the steel pan. I had sent him pictures of the seat before it was stripped. We agreed on the use of plain black and scrap materials to keep the cost down. He asked if I wanted anything special like pleats, but I told him that I was fine with whatever he wanted to do and the simplistic original design worked for me. During the wait though, I had wondered if I should have got the pleats as it sounded like the pleated seat may have a more appealing look.

He sent me a picture of the seat when the job was done and I was amazed. There it was... complete with pleats! It looked even better in person when I picked it up. He did a great job and I think that it looks better on the tractor than the original smooth seat upholstery.

I can't comment on the actual cost as he didn't want anything for the work. I had to give him a few dollars, although it was only a percentage of the value of the quality job that I received.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Seat-2013-01-19-37-seat.jpg   New Seat-2013-01-19-26-seat.jpg   New Seat-2013-01-19-27-seat.jpg  

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Quote Originally Posted by BatesBunch View Post
    I was also in need of a new seat when I recently refurbished my 1500D (Green). I wanted to retain as much of the original look as possible, even though the pan-style seats are not the most comfortable of seat designs.

A friend of mine has started his own upholstery business on the side and we had discussed reupholstering the seat even before I started to refurbish the tractor. I took the seat to him after I had stripped the original upholstery off and sandblasted & painted the steel pan. I had sent him pictures of the seat before it was stripped. We agreed on the use of plain black and scrap materials to keep the cost down. He asked if I wanted anything special like pleats, but I told him that I was fine with whatever he wanted to do and the simplistic original design worked for me. During the wait though, I had wondered if I should have got the pleats as it sounded like the pleated seat may have a more appealing look.

He sent me a picture of the seat when the job was done and I was amazed. There it was... complete with pleats! It looked even better in person when I picked it up. He did a great job and I think that it looks better on the tractor than the original smooth seat upholstery.

I can't comment on the actual cost as he didn't want anything for the work. I had to give him a few dollars, although it was only a percentage of the value of the quality job that I received.
    Now that is sharp. Only problem, that tractor looks to good to get dirty.

Tractor
    Yanmar 1720D

Thanks guys

Batesbunch- that's a super nice looking seat!

Tractor
    Yanmar 1720D

Thanks guys

Batesbunch- that's a super nice looking seat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast