YM 3110 Warning Lights.

/ YM 3110 Warning Lights. #1  

thunderheart

Tractor
YM3110
Can anyone tell me what the warning lights on the on the 3110 mean? I searched and couldn't find any info on them here. My middle light came on yesterday while plowing with my 2-14 bottom plow. Since I could hold my hand on every part of the engine and cooling system except the exhaust I am really worried it is the oil pressure. There was no unusual knocking or smoke or loss of power but I shutdown immediately and checked the oil. Level was fine. It is due for a 50 hour service but the oil itself is not very dark at all. Checked the sending unit wires and everything looks ok there.

Thanks,

Dallas

BTW: She was sure laying over some pretty furrows at the time :thumbsup:

/ YM 3110 Warning Lights. #2  
Somebody posted your question seven years ago.

I posted this in response. Does your 3110 have this same light panel?

49339d1136573387-ym3110-oil-filter-dash-lights-802253-img_5916rym-dashlights.jpg

(showing the junk dangling below the dashboard on my YM240 when I bought it, and the used but sufficient replacement I got from a VN refurb importer).

I would get out the voltmeter and verify your battery shows higher voltage running compared to stopped.

And ... if you or anyone really does have an oil pressure light problem - the senders Yanmar used were known to fail after a few decades. A replacement sender is under $10 from any parts house. Here's a thread where I had to replace mine.
Low oil pressure? No, bad sender!
Down in post #9 in that thread I show a pressure gauge I temporarily installed to verify proper oil pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / YM 3110 Warning Lights.
Yep that is what I have Cali but like the poster from 7 years ago, mine weren't labeled. It actually makes sense now as the warning light came on right after I had turned on the headlights and rear worklight. Thanks for the response brother! That's a load off my mind. :dance1: After waiting months to get ballast made for my tractor and dry enough conditions to break my garden, I was so excited with how it was working. After that light came on, it was like: "Drat! Foiled again!". I'll check out the charging system tomorrow (if this bronchitis I came down with will let me). The battery looks pretty old and it has been a bit slow cranking in this cold weather even with the compression release open.

BTW I searched with every combination of terms I could think of for this subject, but it never occurred to me to use "dash lights". Is there a way to add tags to a thread to make it easier to find in a search? Might help others in the future with a similar situation.

Thanx again Cali!

Dallas

/ YM 3110 Warning Lights. #4  
The 20 hp Yanmars only had a 15 amp alternator in those days. I wonder if yours does too? That might explain why it couldn't stay ahead of three bulbs.

The search tool here is primitive and there's a glitch in the database from when they reloaded it a few years ago, so searching is pretty random.
Google offers a method for searching here - put the following into a Google search box:
3110 lights site:tractorbynet.com
and it should return a manageable number of relevant hits.

There's also a way to tag threads but I've never used it. Anybody have some advice on that?

It's good to hear you got a start on your garden. These things are great toys, no? :)

/ YM 3110 Warning Lights. #5  
Daylight and a good charge on the battery until you get it straightened out. The Chrg. light would be the least of my worries esp. when it comes to seat time are you Kidding:laughing: Another good search would be checking on the the Solid State Regulator. You should have it or the Old style. Mech.type. If you do have the New you can just about rule that one out.

It's good to hear you got a start on your garden. These things are great toys, no? :)

Oh yeah it is a total blast using my tractor and for some reason I have been obsessed with the idea of plowing with it. Maybe because my first attempts were such dismal failures. I'm definitely making progress though:

2013-03-04_18-03-27_523.mp4 Video by MrsDoni | Photobucket

In our wet, root riddled ground it was almost impossible to use my 2-14 plow until I added front ballast. If the plow bit too deep and I tried to adjust it up, the front end would immediately come off the ground. But the added 240 lbs up there makes a huge difference. I think it will be even better when I get the 320 lbs of rear wheel weights on.

Dallas

/ YM 3110 Warning Lights. #7  
Nice video. I agree, I think rear weights will really help you out with the turning plow.

/ YM 3110 Warning Lights. #8  
For the charge light

Just be sure you are chasing a real issue.

I didn't see what your engine RPM is but plowing in anything but creeper low might mean you engine is running about 1200 or so. On mine I found I had to kick it up to about 1800 for a minute or two so the regulator circuit / box would kick the light out...

Food for thought, I'd leave you my :2cents: but I have to go make the mortgage this week...:D

For the charge light

Just be sure you are chasing a real issue.

I didn't see what your engine RPM is but plowing in anything but creeper low might mean you engine is running about 1200 or so. On mine I found I had to kick it up to about 1800 for a minute or two so the regulator circuit / box would kick the light out...

Food for thought, I'd leave you my :2cents: but I have to go make the mortgage this week...:D

Well I left this problem go for awhile but the continued brightly lit idiot light combined with a failed cold start attempt have forced my hand.

I took both my battery and generator to a local alternator shop (recommended by a heavy equipment mechanic I trust) and both reported a-ok. So I quess the next place to look is the regulator. Anybody have a schematic / drawing of the regulator? Any suggestions on how to test it?

Thanx,

Dallas