YM2220D - leaking fluid from top of the steering column

/ YM2220D - leaking fluid from top of the steering column #11  
I would try Parker equipment in Alabama. I have always had good luck with Danny when trying to find parts.

Untitled

/ YM2220D - leaking fluid from top of the steering column
   / YM2220D - leaking fluid from top of the steering column #13  
Talked to BIL on sunday and he deal with very large gears. He said any good seal shop when given the shaft diameter (ID of Seal) and measurement of the inside of the cap and the wide of the seal should be able to get you something. I agree - though...hoye, parker, fredericks first, then an import auto source bringing them the parts.

/ YM2220D - leaking fluid from top of the steering column #14  
I am very interested in learning how you are progressing. I have a Kioti LK3054 with the same leak. I am trying to decide if I can tackle this on my own. You are doing a great job including the pictures.
:thumbsup:

/ YM2220D - leaking fluid from top of the steering column
I finally had to take it into a local repair shop to get it fixed. What happened is when I removed the worm gear all of the ball bearings that surround it dropped down into the hydraulic fluid and replacing them was way above my experience level. I had to have the teflon seals manufactured at a local shop who were also able to match the rest of the rubber seals. I also replaced the top seal which I was able to match locally. The lesson I took from this is to never, ever, ever remove the worm drive. I could have fixed my leak by replacing the top seal and walked away, but I thought, "hey, as long as I have it apart I'll just replace the rest of the seals and rings, no problem." famous last words. I had never worked on a worm gear before so had no idea how difficult it would be. The total shop cost was a little over $600 plus the parts and time I put in before waving the white flag. Whoever said ignorance is bliss had never worked on a vehicle of any sort.

/ YM2220D - leaking fluid from top of the steering column #16  
Wow, I hope mine lasts forever.