Yanmar F18D warning light query

/ Yanmar F18D warning light query #1  

rmacAU

Tractor
Yanmar F18D and Mitsubishi D1550FD
My recently purchased Yanmar F18D arrived today and I went in to collect it from the freight depot. On starting it there were two warning lights that remained on. One was the coolant/radiator light and I'm aware of the cause.

The other was the bottom right light that features a battery. The dealer has fitted a new battery so what does the light remaining on mean?

Is it an indication that the alternator is not functioning?

PS I have ordered the manuals and parts books but expect that I won't get them for some weeks.

/ Yanmar F18D warning light query #2  
Sounds like the looks and Discription of the Chrg. light. Until you get your Manuals I would test the Battery Chrg. with a volt meter and then check it with the Tractor Running. My Ym2000 Battery for Example usually stays at around 12.7 and 14.25 running no lights. Remember if it's not your only using Voltage when the starter is engaged so keep a good charge on the battery no lights and that will get you by.

/ Yanmar F18D warning light query #3  
Hi, am sure the bottom light that looks like a battery is for the fluid level in the battery, a good chance that the battery has been replaced with one that doesn't have a connector for this. The charge indicator should be the one above this, that looks like a lightning bolt.

/ Yanmar F18D warning light query
Thanks careyo63 and scottlw for the advice. The replacement battery is probably a basic one and is likely to not have the connection. I haven't come across this before and all the batteries I've seen here don't have that feature. I'll check it in the morning.

Once I've got the slasher hooked up there will be a few hours work so the battery will be fully charged.

/ Yanmar F18D warning light query #5  
Nor had i until i got my F18D. Even though the battery on mine is japanese it hasn't got the connection, have a look around the right hand side of the battery (i think, looking from the front of the tractor) and im sure you will find a connector handing around not doing anything.

When i got mine the connector for the coolant level wasn't connected for some reason, so maybe worth a check.

/ Yanmar F18D warning light query #6  
that light is for battery fluid level. you will find a two wire sensor hanging next to the battery. just cut off the ends and connect together and the light will go off.

that light is for battery fluid level. you will find a two wire sensor hanging next to the battery. just cut off the ends and connect together and the light will go off.

The only wires in the battery area are the positive and negative leads to the battery and a section of loom - from this are three sets of wires (one to each of the headlights and one to the horn)

Filling the coolant bottle and running for a while saw the end of that light. The battery water level has remained on - when I get my manuals I hope to be able to track the wires.

Fitted the slasher this morning, went out to have a test run and immediately bogged the tractor. Even with the 3PL on high the slasher was on the surface as I'd sunk into the boggy patch. Had to call my neighbour to haul me out!

/ Yanmar F18D warning light query #8  
The only wires in the battery area are the positive and negative leads to the battery and a section of loom - from this are three sets of wires (one to each of the headlights and one to the horn)

Filling the coolant bottle and running for a while saw the end of that light. The battery water level has remained on - when I get my manuals I hope to be able to track the wires.

Fitted the slasher this morning, went out to have a test run and immediately bogged the tractor. Even with the 3PL on high the slasher was on the surface as I'd sunk into the boggy patch. Had to call my neighbour to haul me out!

I definately had a loose connector near the battery, will have a look at the weekend if i remember and take a pic.

I definately had a loose connector near the battery, will have a look at the weekend if i remember and take a pic.

My son and I had a look from underneath. We found two wires back towards the radiator but tucked up alongside the chassis. When bridged the battery water level light was extinguished. I made a 2" connector with a male spade at each end and 'bridged' the gap - no more warning light on the dash! :dance1:

Thanks to everyone for their help.

/ Yanmar F18D warning light query #10  
I've got an 1810D. I hadn't noticed until today, but the warning light with the lightning bolt flashes when the tractor is at operating speeds 1200 rpm +. It flashes on and off. At idle, it goes out. When shut down, it stays on with ignition key on. Anybody know about this?