Front drive case schematic?

/ Front drive case schematic? #11  
Looking at the diagram, the shift arm doesn't look that complicated, although it does look like it has splines on it, and a couple of other pieces. What happened to yours?

Could it be repaired, or a new one be made?

Do you have photos of the piece?

/ Front drive case schematic?
Mine looks a little different, but it's been a while since I've seen it. I've been using the tractor w/just 2wd. I don't want to take it apart until I've secured another one to replace it with....although it may be fixable I guess.

/ Front drive case schematic? #14  
Stormpetrel if your part is simply bent like 284's was, I expect a blacksmith could reshape it back to like new.

Stormpetrel if your part is simply bent like 284's was, I expect a blacksmith could reshape it back to like new.

I sure would like to have the 4wd back..maybe I'll just take it apart again (as long as the tranny is drained for the PTO cover fiasco) and try. I did find a place (courtesy of Kenmac) whose website said they have the part! I emailed 'em Fri. evening and haven't heard back yet.

/ Front drive case schematic? #16  
You might look at your tractor to see if you could make a cover plate over where the transfer case goes.

So, while you're tinkering on the transfer case, you could be driving the tractor.

/ Front drive case schematic? #17  
i had one made up for the 336,looks alot like what you need, take the old one to a machine shop,they might just surprise you...

You might look at your tractor to see if you could make a cover plate over where the transfer case goes.

So, while you're tinkering on the transfer case, you could be driving the tractor.

Wow, that's a cool idea!! I don't know if I want to mess with almost 5 gallons of hydraulic fluid to change the cover back to the drop box again.......:D

I received the pto cover. I took the old one off....whew! There are two linkages with pins holding the PTO and plate in the transmission you must remove (along with teeeny lil cotter pins) before the pto assembly will come out more than an inch and a half......so more disassembly than I thought was necessary. I switched the pto gears to the new plate, it's ready to go back in. I am not looking forward to getting the pins back in, there is NO room. I guess I'll go for the harder of the two first. If I drop the pin I can just remove the whole assembly and try again.

The inside of the tranny looks quite nice; the fluid is clean and there are no metal shavings to be found

Now on to the shift lever. I ordered all new seals because I reused the old ones last time and it leaks.:eek: It's a fairly straightforward job to remove the dropbox and get at the shift lever. I sure wish I had a new one to look at to have an idea of what needs to be done to fix it. I never heard back from the European/Middle Eastern website that had the shift lever in stock according to their search results..............

/ Front drive case schematic? #20  
I sure wish I had a new one to look at to have an idea of what needs to be done to fix it. I never heard back from the European/Middle Eastern website that had the shift lever in stock according to their search results..............

I have e mailed jeepsea several times trying to get a response. I have gotten nothing.sorry I got your hopes up .Good luck with the repair