Home built hiller

/ Home built hiller #92  
Front wheel drive works but rear wheel drive giges me NOTHING. Not even a noise in the transmission area. But the PTO will work. This is a rebuild from VN in Mesquite, if I had known then what I know about them now I would not have bought one of their remanufactured/rebuild/repaint machines. I need to meet you some day to buy you a cup of coffee since we are neighbors. My middle name is Winston.

/ Home built hiller #93  
My wifes grandparents were Smiths. Grand dad was Richard Smith. They were from Winsboro.

My 2002d is a vn refurb. I experianced numerous problems but finally have a dependable tractor. With your pto working and 4 wheel drive working I would suspect a brake pinion shaft or differential problem. Note this thread. Different model but they are all similiar. Will it move when engaging the differential lock? Yanmar Tractor Support Message Board • View topic - Yanmar 2610 Right Rear wheel has no power to it

I notice Hoyes stocks a ring gear and pinion for the differential. Hope that doesn't have any significant meaning. Yanmar Tractor Parts: RING GEAR & PINION SET (REAR AXLE)

For what it is worth, we are probably breaking all forum rules here by coming in with your problem on this thread.

/ Home built hiller #94  
I do not want to upset any one, with the thread used. If you can direct me to the proper thread or start a new thread and tell me how to get there that would be great. I came here to get my tractor operational, not to upset any person. The differential lock makes no difference. No power to either wheel.

/ Home built hiller #95  
When you open up the Yanmar forum you will see a little box over to the left of the sceen that says "post new thread". Just click on that and your good to go. Doubt anyone is going to get upset. :) You probably have some pretty serious issues in your rear end. I would probably first pull the pto assembly to have a look. Quite naturally that is going to cause the fluid to have to be drained. I guess you have no warranty? Do you have any manuals? Parts or repair?

/ Home built hiller
I do not want to upset any one, with the thread used. If you can direct me to the proper thread or start a new thread and tell me how to get there that would be great. I came here to get my tractor operational, not to upset any person. The differential lock makes no difference. No power to either wheel.

Welcome to the group GW! You wont hurt anyone's feelings on here haha we are all on here to help each other and talk Yanmars. Good luck on the drive problem you came to the right place. :thumbsup:

/ Home built hiller #97  
Thanks for the welcome, Car Doc. Winston1 got me lined out on where to post so I put some info under the Yanmar forum