Home built hiller

/ Home built hiller #71  
Terry, that's good as snuff and not half as dusty...lol.

I like it when someone recycles old stuff into new usuable stuff. It looks like it would work fine. After you figure out your angles you might want to weld them in place (hillers). I see the tires inside of the PVC pipe for a roller. Did you fill it with concrete for weight? Another great idea that'll get the job done.

On the sweep on the rear, you will probably find you're going to have to replace that aircraft cable with a piece of flatbar or angle to hold your plow down on the ground. It looks like it will kick up when lowered into the dirt. Have you used it yet ?
I did add concrete to the pipe. You were right about the cable , plow came out of the ground. I added a bigger plow and weight to hold the plow in the ground. Was able to play with it a little Works a lot better. Should be able to do some adjusting later this week if it doesn't rain.Its been really dry so will take all the rain we can get. This is a great site have learned a lot . Am working on a cultivator from ideas from this web site. So many ideas so little time.

/ Home built hiller #72  
Car Doc, thanks for taking the time to share your hiller with us. Looks like it is going to work out great. I sort of like Terrydt100's floating roller idea. Don't know I will modify but I might if I get a little bored.

/ Home built hiller
Welcome and thanks for taking the time to look! I appreciate all the ideas that have been put on here hopefully someone will benefit on their next build.

/ Home built hiller #74  
Clemson, sorry I missed that as being intended for a joke. You are right, lots of people think they are illegal and constantly jump at the chance to put the use of them down. I will add, they are unsafe if you don't know anything about them, especially how to properly install the tires. But with proper knowledge, a very heavy duty axle system.

Ok, I'm laughing with you now....carry on...lol.

/ Home built hiller #75  
hey Terry, this is a great site for learning to build equipment. I have several projects where I've accumulated the parts but haven't built them yet...one day though I'll do it.

Try adding a solid piece of angle iron to that plow and use that to adjust the angle as well. Holding it rigid is the trick to it always being where you put it.

/ Home built hiller
6011 I knew he was kidding that was the whole idea its tongue in cheek humor! There is always something just under the surface we have to try to be PC and SC on here. ;)

Heck I cut them apart and welded them added a 6" drop to lower the trailer and I can only imagine how many trouble free miles shes givin me I know I am on the 5 or 6th set of MH tires.

/ Home built hiller #77  
Paul -- sorry, haven't been on for a few days... I did buy those brackets for 2" square to 1 3/16" round. I got them at a place in Ohio called Buckeye Tractor. Here's there website: Buckeye Tractor Co They list them as 2" square to 1 1/4" round, but they work just great with the Agri-supply hillers that have 1 3/16" round shanks. They're not free, $18.69 each (part # 17500), so you might be able to make some for yourself using their simple design.

Bought those brackets from Buckeye. Regular delivery to south La. took only 3 days. Thanks again for the advice.

/ Home built hiller #78  
Paul -- Glad it worked out for you. I was glad I found them myself. I was debating about either making some brackets or buying ones that were double that price, but when I found those at Buckeye Tractor, I decided I'd rather spend buy those and use my time to work on other things. :thumbsup:

/ Home built hiller #79  
Ginormous,
Was an easier decision for me because I don't know how to make them. But, if I keep looking at this site I might learn how. Welding interests me but I really don't have a clue. Re Buckeye, I like their stuff and was pleased with delivery/service. Thanks again.

/ Home built hiller #80  
Pics of my hiller. hiller pieces.JPGafter.JPGbefore 2.JPGcloseup.jpghiller bar attached.JPGside view.jpg

Okra is finally in the ground. Thanks for all the help,
Paul