Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Default Re: Home built hiller

pbulling, nice pictures, thanks for taking the time to share. Nice straight rows. How do you do that?

Tractor
    Yanmar 2020D

I am not a farmer but have been reading this thread and came across this on my local craigslist and thought of you guys. 3pt. hitch furrower
    Thanks,

Scotty Dive
    Yanmar YM2020D "Git er Done Too"
    Pictures! http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=dfc00199.pbw
    Yanmar Tractor Database - Click Link, then click file and download the excel file.: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxR...it?usp=sharing

Tractor
    Mahindra4525

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Dive View Post
    I am not a farmer but have been reading this thread and came across this on my local craigslist and thought of you guys. 3pt. hitch furrower
    What a beautiful piece of steel.
    Winston, glad you enjoyed the pics. The rows aren't as straight as they look.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Dive View Post
    Wow now that is a piece of steel!! that looks like its for a big farmer, although one row at the time?? I wonder why they did not just use some old worn disks instead of cutting that blade up? That thing looks heavy and HD!
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2410 with turfs

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonfor View Post
    Wow now that is a piece of steel!! that looks like its for a big farmer, although one row at the time?? I wonder why they did not just use some old worn disks instead of cutting that blade up? That thing looks heavy and HD!
    ...and gives me an idea of how I may be able to use my old blade! Man, I wish I had a welder!!!
    Kevin

Tractor
    YM3810D Yanmar

Nice job on the build Paul thanks for your contribution to the thread! I hope the okra does well yumm makes me think of okra pie yes siree!

Man Scotty that guy in the CL pics was serious about his welding and cutting makes me wonder what those hills/furrows would look like and what he had in mind!
    Yanmar YM3810D, LT duty 3pt hoe, 6' KK2 tiller, 6' KK box blade, 6 1/2' KK disc, 5' Howse bush hog, 5' Howse back blade, 9" Yellow PHD, 3 Husky chain saws 346XP NE, 359, 372XP. 07 HD Heritage Softail, Crack injectors, check compression, take 2 beers and call me. "Hey you didn't build that."

Tractor
    Mahindra4525

Thanks Car Doc. The okra handles our southern heat real well. Don't know of anything that does as well in 95 degrees/95% humidity.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2210

Just a quick update. I used my hiller yesterday. I set the discs at the same width as the rear tires, angled them in and drove backward down the rows -- this moves the nicely tilled dirt before I run it over with the tires. I adjusted the hillers inward a few inches each and ran down the rows a second time. The 2nd run didn't do a lot, but it did build the hills a little higher and reduced the trough down the middle. Anyway, I'm very pleased with the result -- see pic. -img_3184_1-jpg
    Yanmar YM2210, Taylor-way 5' finish mower, Woods 4' rotary mower, boom pole, hayride wagon; upgraded tractor with gas turbine engine plus strap on solid rocket motors for that extra boost of speed... but brakes only work when I'm on the ground.
    <><

Elite Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Quote Originally Posted by Ginormous View Post
    Just a quick update. I used my hiller yesterday. I set the discs at the same width as the rear tires, angled them in and drove backward down the rows -- this moves the nicely tilled dirt before I run it over with the tires. I adjusted the hillers inward a few inches each and ran down the rows a second time. The 2nd run didn't do a lot, but it did build the hills a little higher and reduced the trough down the middle. Anyway, I'm very pleased with the result -- see pic. -img_3184_1-jpg
    Good looking row.

Tractor
    yanmar fx24d

Winston1 I live in Winnsboro. Can you recommend a Yanmar mechanic? I have a FX 24D

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast