Home built hiller

/ Home built hiller #81  
pbulling, nice pictures, thanks for taking the time to share. Nice straight rows. How do you do that? :D

/ Home built hiller #82  
I am not a farmer but have been reading this thread and came across this on my local craigslist and thought of you guys. 3pt. hitch furrower

/ Home built hiller #84  
I am not a farmer but have been reading this thread and came across this on my local craigslist and thought of you guys. 3pt. hitch furrower

Wow now that is a piece of steel!! that looks like its for a big farmer, although one row at the time?? I wonder why they did not just use some old worn disks instead of cutting that blade up? That thing looks heavy and HD!

/ Home built hiller #85  
Wow now that is a piece of steel!! that looks like its for a big farmer, although one row at the time?? I wonder why they did not just use some old worn disks instead of cutting that blade up? That thing looks heavy and HD!

...and gives me an idea of how I may be able to use my old blade! :D Man, I wish I had a welder!!!

/ Home built hiller
Nice job on the build Paul thanks for your contribution to the thread! I hope the okra does well yumm makes me think of okra pie yes siree! :thumbsup:

Man Scotty that guy in the CL pics was serious about his welding and cutting makes me wonder what those hills/furrows would look like and what he had in mind!

/ Home built hiller #87  
Thanks Car Doc. The okra handles our southern heat real well. Don't know of anything that does as well in 95 degrees/95% humidity.

/ Home built hiller #88  
Just a quick update. I used my hiller yesterday. I set the discs at the same width as the rear tires, angled them in and drove backward down the rows -- this moves the nicely tilled dirt before I run it over with the tires. I adjusted the hillers inward a few inches each and ran down the rows a second time. The 2nd run didn't do a lot, but it did build the hills a little higher and reduced the trough down the middle. Anyway, I'm very pleased with the result -- see pic. :thumbsup: IMG_3184_1.JPG

/ Home built hiller #89  
Just a quick update. I used my hiller yesterday. I set the discs at the same width as the rear tires, angled them in and drove backward down the rows -- this moves the nicely tilled dirt before I run it over with the tires. I adjusted the hillers inward a few inches each and ran down the rows a second time. The 2nd run didn't do a lot, but it did build the hills a little higher and reduced the trough down the middle. Anyway, I'm very pleased with the result -- see pic. :thumbsup:View attachment 319303

Good looking row. :thumbsup:

/ Home built hiller #90  
Winston1 I live in Winnsboro. Can you recommend a Yanmar mechanic? I have a FX 24D