1602 lift quit

/ 1602 lift quit
I took the valve off a ck'ed it, clean as can be. With air applied it ports to the rear housing where the lift control is. Then it returns to the valve by another port, if you hold your finger over this return port it blows the piston out. This return port on the valve side will not take air , seems to be plugged. I think this is the port to the piston but not sure, it does go to a relief valve also on the piston side. Now what? thanks, Larry /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 1602 lift quit #12  
This is you lucky chance to talk with me on the phone. Man you are lucky..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif 509-521-1507. Evenings are best.

Buck

/ 1602 lift quit
Pulled the lift off the rear end, took the valve off and took it apart. No trash or sticking valves that I can find, when air is applied directly to piston port lift works, but not with the valve in place. There are three sizes of spring type valves in the body, which one is the most likely to cause my problem? thanks, Larry

/ 1602 lift quit
EFC who do you think you are SURER MECHANIC, I took the spool valve completely apart and cleaned it up just like you said. I could find no problem, put the three point back on the tractor and it works like a new one. You THE MAN, many thank's for the info, Larry

/ 1602 lift quit #15  
This demonstrates again the value of having dealers contribute to the board. There is no better way to gain experience than to service and sell dozens of these tractors a year.

/ 1602 lift quit #16  
Hello! Sorry to intrude on a thread that has already concluded, but it was suggested--in another thread--that I take a look here for help. I have a 1401d which will lift no more than 450 lbs. ..and that's right at the end of the lift arms! My manual suggests it will lift something between 600 and 1200 lbs., depending on the where the weight is placed I suppose. Should I suspect something like a bad relief valve or O rings..or something more serious? Can I just
pull out the relief valve assembly to check the O rings, or is it more complicated than that?
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
thanks for any help /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif