YM3000 Hesitation & white smoke

/ YM3000 Hesitation & white smoke #1  

SydKen

Tractor
YM3000
Hi guys,
I was brush hogging this week when I noticed after my yanny got hot it seemed to start to lose a bit of power and start not quite missing but hesitating. It just seemed not to be running very smooth. Every now and then I would see some white smoke. I am afraid I may have some water in my fuel but am not sure. If this is the case is there any way to get it out without draining the tank?

thanks

/ YM3000 Hesitation & white smoke #2  
White smoke is usually always water in the fuel. You can drain a little at the fuel filter and try again. If it happens again, I'd drain the tank, replace fuel filter, replace fuel and add water remover. Completely rid me of the same problem.

/ YM3000 Hesitation & white smoke #3  
I had a YM2500 doing the same thing. It was a head gasket. Check the oil for antifreeze before running it hard again. It pays to check. There has been several posts about the fuel caps letting water in if you store it outside and the cap has a fuel level gauge in it. The clear lens is known to leak.

/ YM3000 Hesitation & white smoke
Thanks guys,
I was afraid I had a water problem. I just recently replaced the lens on my fuel cap and saw water condensation inside of it. I checked the oil last time I used it and didn't see any antifreeze, but I will double check before I drain the tank.

One last dumb question, is there a way to shut off the fuel just on the other side of the bowl when I drain the tank so I don't have to prime the injectors?

thanks

/ YM3000 Hesitation & white smoke #5  
"is there a way to shut off the fuel just on the other side of the bowl when I drain the tank so I don't have to prime the injectors?"

Which other side? There are 2. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just remove the sediment bowl and filter and drain it there. Refill the bowl manually before replacing, let the fuel run, and spill, as you replace the bowl and you should be ok.

/ YM3000 Hesitation & white smoke #6  
I change the fuel filters on every tractor I sell and have never had to bleed the injectors. After replacing the filter and tightening the bowl, (1) open the fuel pitcock, (2) open the left side philips screw at the top of the filter housing until the bowl fills up and fuel pours out the screw hole. (3) Do the same for the phillps screw on the right. It should start right up, but if not, (4) follow the fuel line to the injector pump, and bleed that philips screw like the other two.

/ YM3000 Hesitation & white smoke
She's back! I drained the tank, changed the fuel filter (and am suprised it was even running after seeing the fuel filter) and now she's back to the workhorse I am used to.

Thanks for the help..