Hole in the trans fill cap. YM 186D

/ Hole in the trans fill cap. YM 186D #1  

Pete Judd

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar 186d, JD 314
I found a hole in the top of my trans fill cap. The one located under the seat. Almost looks like one of the kids that I had around here over the weekend put a finger through it. Hoye's does not have a listing for a new one. Any help would help.

/ Hole in the trans fill cap. YM 186D #2  
I believe this is it. 194990-75170 Well, that is the 186 part number even though it is showing a different part number on the screen. Hoye can confirm if I'm right.
Yanmar Tractor Parts: PLUG 35

/ Hole in the trans fill cap. YM 186D #3  
Pete.....I had a broken cap on my 186d a few years back......Hoye sent me a new one. My invoice says....Plug 35 00186 SkU# 194065-18410. By the way.....fits perfect. It is the same plug in Winston's picture. Good luck!

/ Hole in the trans fill cap. YM 186D #6  
Yea...shipping is expensive. I had to order quite a few things a few years back so it was a little cheaper. A few months ago....I ordered a Pirrana tooth bar.....$229 for the bar....$86 to ship it from NC. Yikes...... how are things Pete......ever get out to do some clamming??

/ Hole in the trans fill cap. YM 186D
Jerry, Got some clams from the last dig, and did not have to dig them. Hoyes price on the cap was about 13 bucks and the shipping was 14. I have seen Hoyes point of view as posted before, but it seems a little hard for such a low priced part.

/ Hole in the trans fill cap. YM 186D #8  
Must be UPS. I use to see the post office offer shipping for a low flate rate starting at $5.00. They offered boxes and said if it fits ( in the box) it ships for $5.00. Don't know if this service is still offered or not by the post office

/ Hole in the trans fill cap. YM 186D #9  
Freight is insane now. I buy little stuff all the time that costs more to ship than buy its bad but what can you do other than mail it and hope it gets there no tracking etc I don't know the answer?

/ Hole in the trans fill cap. YM 186D #10  
Jerry, Got some clams from the last dig, and did not have to dig them. Hoyes price on the cap was about 13 bucks and the shipping was 14. I have seen Hoyes point of view as posted before, but it seems a little hard for such a low priced part.

That's great Pete.......we were out there on the last dig as well. Lots of clamming dates these days....that's a good thing. Good luck with the cap.......