3PT Lift Question

/ 3PT Lift Question #1  

DetroitMike

Tractor
1500D
I'm curious about something. Lets say your lifting something with a boom pole, forks, whatever and your not sure of its weight. You're also not sure of the capacity of your particular tractor. Aside from the obvious like bent or broken arms, links, ect., if the load was to great what would the 3pt system do?

Like for example would the 3pt try to lift and then just stop? Or would it damage the pump or other internal hydraulic parts? And if so would be like an instant thing , or would you have a few seconds to drop the load? I really amazed at the lifting power of my 1500D but I don't want to over do it. If I knew what to look for or watch for when lifting things, it could help prevent damage. Common sense plays a big part here, I know, but sometimes we screw up. Thanks

Mike

/ 3PT Lift Question #2  
First of all, the tractor is completely capable of lifting the front end off the ground when trying to lift something thats too heavy on the 3pt. Of course if you have enough weight on the front, then that won't happen. Provided that the front is weighted down heavily enough so it doesn't lift, and the arms don't bend, then the next thing is the internal hydraulic relief valve will open and you will hear a high pitched whining noise and the engine will bog down. My YM1301D does this if I put the 3pt lever in the fully raised position. There is protection built into the system, and provided it works correctly, you won't damage anything.

/ 3PT Lift Question #3  
Your 1500D will probably lift the front end pretty easily. I know my YM2000B has lifted the front a few times with 200# on the front when I caught the boxblade on a root and tried to lift it off. You learn to hit the clutch real quick.

/ 3PT Lift Question
Thanks guys. I started thinking about this last nite. I moved my camper which has between 500 and 600lbs tongue weight and the tractor did fine, but it got me thinking.

Thanks again

Mike