Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    YM3810D Yanmar

Default Re: Problems getting Yanmar tractor running.

It spins plenty fast but I didn't see much fuel getting out maybe just my connection etc? Doesn't someone on here usually reccommend tapping on the plungers to free them up? I think thats worth a try also be carefull its just little pistons inside operated by the camshaft though.
    Yanmar YM3810D, LT duty 3pt hoe, 6' KK2 tiller, 6' KK box blade, 6 1/2' KK disc, 5' Howse bush hog, 5' Howse back blade, 9" Yellow PHD, 3 Husky chain saws 346XP NE, 359, 372XP. 07 HD Heritage Softail, Crack injectors, check compression, take 2 beers and call me. "Hey you didn't build that."

Gold Member
    Tractor
    YM2000

Problems getting Yanmar tractor running.-picture-021.jpgProblems getting Yanmar tractor running.-picture-090.jpgThose look to be for Bleeding the pump. Not Sure but on my YM2000 Pic.1 is the pump. Pic. 2 is the injectors. If your Injectors are similar First just loosen the Nuts and watch for fuel. If fuel shows up Remove An Injector and see what happens. If you have Spray a compression check is next while the Injector is out.

Tractor
    Cat 416C, Ford 4630, JD 750

Quote Originally Posted by Car Doc View Post
    It spins plenty fast but I didn't see much fuel getting out maybe just my connection etc? Doesn't someone on here usually reccommend tapping on the plungers to free them up? I think thats worth a try also be carefull its just little pistons inside operated by the camshaft though.
    I will definitely give that a try. I've run across posts where that was discussed. Thanks

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by careyo63 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 021.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	257.0 KB 
ID:	313722Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 090.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	804.6 KB 
ID:	313723Those look to be for Bleeding the pump. Not Sure but on my YM2000 Pic.1 is the pump. Pic. 2 is the injectors. If your Injectors are similar First just loosen the Nuts and watch for fuel. If fuel shows up Remove An Injector and see what happens. If you have Spray a compression check is next while the Injector is out.
    Thanks for posting the pics. Your Yanmar resembles the one on my JD 750. This one I'm working on looks quite a bit different. I took some pictures that have better clarity than the video did. I will attempt to try and post them.

Problems getting Yanmar tractor running.-025.jpg

Problems getting Yanmar tractor running.-026.jpg

Problems getting Yanmar tractor running.-027.jpg

Problems getting Yanmar tractor running.-029.jpg

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 750, John Deere X540, Wallenstein BXMT3213 chipper shredder, Befco bush hog

I'm no expert on diesel engines, but it sounds like you might want to first make sure you are bleeding the system using the proper procedure for that engine.

Can you locate a user manual and follow the specific bleeding instructions for that model Yanmar?

I have a 3-cylinder Yanmar in my JD750. I replaced the fuel filter this past weekend so I was reading the bleeding procedure. The process described was a little complicated. The manual lists a series of steps, in about three different parts of the fuel delivery system, to be followed in a specific order. The instructions also mentioned some odd things, like NOT bleeding the line going to the middle injector.

Maybe none of the parts are bad and you just need to bleed it a certain way?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Still don't know the engine model, don't guess it matters but am I correct that is a priming pump below the injector pump and is it working?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 301A and yanmar YM2500

There will be a model an sn on the side og the engine. On my ym2500 I believe it is on the left side of the engine.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

off the subject, but got to ask medic0648, were you an army medic?

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by sshaw View Post
    I'm no expert on diesel engines, but it sounds like you might want to first make sure you are bleeding the system using the proper procedure for that engine.

Can you locate a user manual and follow the specific bleeding instructions for that model Yanmar?

I have a 3-cylinder Yanmar in my JD750. I replaced the fuel filter this past weekend so I was reading the bleeding procedure. The process described was a little complicated. The manual lists a series of steps, in about three different parts of the fuel delivery system, to be followed in a specific order. The instructions also mentioned some odd things, like NOT bleeding the line going to the middle injector.

Maybe none of the parts are bad and you just need to bleed it a certain way?
    I don't have a manual for the tractor, but I'm 99% sure I have bled it out correctly based on all the Google searches I have done before posting a thread on this site. I'm fairly well versed in working with the larger diesels, especially the old Detroit's. I started at the fuel filter, and worked my way up the line all the way up to the injectors. No signs of air anywhere in the system.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by winston1 View Post
    Still don't know the engine model, don't guess it matters but am I correct that is a priming pump below the injector pump and is it working?
    I had put in my original post that it was a 3T series engine. I scraped some paint off the tag on top of the valve cover and was able to decipher....3TN75. You're correct there is a priming pump below the IP. It seems to function fine. When I break the inlet banjo fitting, fuel pours out, and when I press the primer lever on the primary pump with the fitting still open, the fuel really comes out. I pulled the cover on the primer pump thinking there might be a screen filter inside, but no such luck. I don't think I have any restriction issues going into the IP.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast