Today's project - fuel gauge in cap.

/ Today's project - fuel gauge in cap. #11  
Does anyone know of a specific generic (or John Deere etc.) fuel gauge cap that wil fit a YM2210?

/ Today's project - fuel gauge in cap. #13  
2000 grade wet and dry paper with a little gentle soap and water will also do a fantastic job of cleaning up polycarbonate or similar plastics to remove the yellowing. then use a good liquid polish like McGuires Wet Look to finish it off, works very well.

/ Today's project - fuel gauge in cap. #14  
Kenmac -- I'd like to find a "generic" equivalent that costs a lot less than the $55 -- I have to say that the Hoye gauge cap looks nice... There are some listed on Ebay for under $20, but I have no idea whether the cap size/thread will fit my tank.

/ Today's project - fuel gauge in cap. #15  
IMG_1301 (1024x768).jpgIMG_1299 (1024x768).jpg

Glad you fixed her up California better to see it if its there! I am still stuck in the stone age I use a stick but hey it works I am used to it! :laughing:

/ Today's project - fuel gauge in cap.
I found the replacement fuel gauge window for about $6.50 online.

In YM186D parts manual - Yanmar part number for the 'lens' is
194145-04351 for YM186 & D early w floor shift AND late, column shift. This listing is code N, = can replace prior version that was unique to Early.

Yanmar part #194145-04351
At Hoye:
Yanmar Tractor Parts: FUEL CAP GAUGE LENS

Deere part # if you want to buy it locally:
CH15744 for 750, 850, 950 etc.

/ Today's project - fuel gauge in cap.
I am still stuck in the stone age I use a stick but hey it works
Me too on the YM240. I love that tractor for its simplicity - parts that wear out or break were simply omitted from that model. If I need to know its fuel level I just look at the side of its semi-transparent tank.

The stick is only for judging the last 1/8 tank precisely, when I need to run the tractor and don't have more fuel on hand.

/ Today's project - fuel gauge in cap. #18  
Kenmac -- I'd like to find a "generic" equivalent that costs a lot less than the $55 -- I have to say that the Hoye gauge cap looks nice... There are some listed on Ebay for under $20, but I have no idea whether the cap size/thread will fit my tank.

Hoye has just the cap without gauge, but I like the gauge Yanmar Tractor Parts: FUEL TANK CAP_

/ Today's project - fuel gauge in cap. #19  
... If I need to know its fuel level I just look at the side of its semi-transparent tank.

Yes, my YM1700 (sold when I bought my YM2210) had a semi-transparent tank, and I could tell how much fuel I had left just by looking at it. My YM2210 (from Fredrick's) had a new tank installed that is opaque black, so there's no seeing through the side. I can't even see the top of the fuel by looking in with the cap off; too dark! My only option is the measuring stick. It works...

/ Today's project - fuel gauge in cap. #20  
I picked up a replacement spout for my new-ish fuel can at Rural King. It replaces the awful spout that has something that has to be pushed in for fuel to flow, and even so it is SLOW SLOW. It's especially a pain when I have to hold the can up to fill my Yanmar's tank. Thankfully Yanmars don't go through fuel very quickly... but even so, a gauge on the cap would be nice. (Yes, I finally tied it into the thread!) :dance1: