Tires Yanmar

/ Yanmar #21  
I wouldn't worry about the cost, because if it were me, I would be buying the 13.6 x 26 rears and if I had to buy 2 new fronts to match I would still be money ahead vs buying the 12.4 x 26 titan tires or having rims made

/ Yanmar
4/26/2013
Hi 284 International:

I got a two word reply when I asked if the would do it and their response was No Sir.

In a way I'm stuck with the over priced tires which actually will be the cheapest solution in the long run.

I have had the tractor for over 10 years and the only things that I have to do to it is maintenance- oil filters grease. It has had the same dry rotted tires from day one. Recently I have been putting 800-900 lbs of fertilizer via spreader and the dry rot has gotten worse.

Soon I'll make a decision, a painful one. The tractor could last another ten years it only has 2400 hours on it.

Again I appreciate your helpful info and insight.

feoneill9

/ Yanmar #23  
One more comment- in the past, tire shops could bond in a boot (liner) to repair a tire in poor condition. This might get you another five years on the existing tires if you can find a shop that knows how to do it.

/ Yanmar
4/28/2013
Hi California:

That a great suggestion and I'll look into it.

I'm now considering getting the old ford 8N that I have sitting in the barn running. I could spend up to $1200.00 getting it running and just sell the 3110D. Its needs engine work and the tires aired up.

All my implements are interchangeable with the ford except the bucket and lift.- Just a thought.

Again thanks for the suggestion I really appreciate it.

Feoneill9

/ Yanmar #25  
Wow, I had an old naa, same as golden Jubilee. After having my little Yanmar with the loader I wouldn't consider going back to the naa. Old Fords are nice tractors but just not as versatile as the 4 wheel drives with loaders. Just my opinion.:D I would sell the 8N and buy tires for the Yanmar.

/ Yanmar
4/28/2013
Hi Winston1:
Thanks for the sage advice. I really don't know what to do, but if I brake down in the field, I'll have to do something.

Appreciate the advice.

feoneill9

/ Yanmar
4/29/2013
Hi Neat 1500:

No.

I'm saying that I'm going to run the tires until they go flat. Which will be soon. They are dry rotted badly right at the front and rear of each lug. The tubes are almost showing through now.

Appreciate the comment.

feoneill9

/ Yanmar #29  
Hi Neat 1500:
No.
I'm saying that I'm going to run the tires until they go flat. Which will be soon. They are dry rotted badly right at the front and rear of each lug. The tubes are almost showing through now.
Appreciate the comment.

My Tubes can be seen through a few cracks around my lugs also which are ever so slightly getting worse as the years go on. They are small in length but are quite wide cracks considering.