Tires Yanmar

/ Yanmar #1  

feoneill9

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar/3110D
Hi:
Where can I find new or used 12.4-26 tires?

How can I change my tire size to use 12.4-28 tires. To do this, do I have to change out the axle spindle and hub, the tire part that attaches the spindle to the wheel, the tire rim to a 28X12 and finally the 12.4 tire. Or hopefully I can change out just one part and what is that part?

I'm at a loss as what to do as my tire have dry rotted through and I can't find a 12.4-26 tire at an acceptable price i.g. a new Titan tire is $855.00 each plus tube, mounting and taxes.

Thanks
Feoneill9

/ Yanmar #2  
did you call Fredricks equipment???? they are in your town and will steer you in the right direction......

/ Yanmar
4/25/2013
Hi Runningbird;

Thanks for the advice. I tried them and they offered a helpful solution. Use a 13.6-26 tire.

But I found out that if I change out my rear wheel center disk to a 28" one on a 6 bolt pattern to match hub assembly and 6 clamps on the rim I could use a 12.4-28 tire perfectly! I read about this on the forum from about 2003 but it never said exactly how to do it or where to get the parts or what parts exactly you need.

I'm searching - any advice?

Franko

/ Yanmar
Hi: California

Thanks for the thought.

I think that I will be ok. The 13.6-26 is about 1" taller than the 12.4-26 installed tire- which I was advised that I could use without affecting the front-rear diameter. The 12.4-28 tire is about 2 inches taller and I think that I should be alright. That is my way of thinking- what do you think.

The example that I am using is from about 2003 in a post to a Yanmar Forum and he did change out the front tires when he went through this.

Again I'm seeking advise.

feoneilla

/ Yanmar #6  
I can't answer your question about rim size. I have a 3110 and I think my tire size is the same as yours.I paid the price for 2 that you said they want for 1. Mine aren't titan tires. They were made in India.Have you checked with local tire store or do you just want to replace the wheels ?

I'm currently at the gulf. so, I don't know what tires I had installed. It seems like I installed 12.4x 28 or 29's this is the size that came on my tractor. I just called my son to have him check my tire size He will cal me back in a few min. and I'll post the size I had installed

/ Yanmar #7  
Just got the call back from my son. My 3110D came with 12.4 x 28 rear tires and 7x16 fronts. I had local tire store install rear 12.4 X 28 tires and tubes for about the price you listed for 1. You may have to go the route fredricks advised.

/ Yanmar
4/25/2013
Hi KenMac:
I appreciate the info. It seems that in 1979 to1981 when the 3110D's were made there was a tire option. You could get it with either 26 or 28 inch size rims. Lucky you get the 28" size which tires are cheaper and more available.

I can't locate a Yanmar 28" size rim or a 28" John Deere Rim that will fit my hub.

I appreciate the info on the India tires and they are made by BKT with an office in Ohio and dealers throughout the South and East. They make a 12.4-26 size tire but I can't get anyone to quote me on it and of course BKT in Ohio will not sell to a retail customer directly. John F. Kennedy's words always ring true to me as he said- "Farming is a terrible business, it is the only business where you buy at retail and sell at wholesale."

But it looks like that is my best solution,

I do appreciate your assistance and especially your son's to get the info from your tire and taking the time to send it to me.

Feoneill9

/ Yanmar #9  
I just called my tire store about those tires. They ask if that is an older tractor. I told them yes ..They told me it must be, because they can no longer get that size.I would just go with the size Fredricks suggested. A tire size change might cost less than changing out rims & tires If you can find them. good luck.
If you jsut want different wheels. I believe http://www.heywheel.com/about/ will make you a set

Last edited: