YM2210 engine direction of rotation

/ YM2210 engine direction of rotation #1  

van1

Tractor
YM2210
Can someone please tell me the direction of engine rotation, standing in front of the tractor. I'm adjusting valves.

Thanks

/ YM2210 engine direction of rotation #2  
It should be clockwise, but the surefire way to tell since you have the valve cover off, is to watch the valves. Intake always follows exhaust. The exhaust valve opens and as it is about to close, the intake opens. If it is happening the other way, you are rotating it the wrong direction.

Brian

/ YM2210 engine direction of rotation
Thanks. Off to adjust valves.

/ YM2210 engine direction of rotation #4  
It doesn't matter what direction the engine goes you are looking right at the rockers what difference would it make? Just turn it whatever direction makes the next lobe do what you want it too if you are using a socket on the crank.

fwtw I use a starter button and just bump it over until the next lobe is down adjust it move to the next one turn till the lobe is down and repeat there isn't that many to do so no reason to complicate things. :confused2: my .002

Last edited:
   / YM2210 engine direction of rotation
Car Doc
Your absolutely right. Once I got in there and got to it, I see it's no big deal. My original problem was. It started smoking and lost power. The keeper for the rocker arm was bent, causing the rocker arm to move excessively and bend a push rod. Replaced the entire rocker assembly and push rod. The good rocker assembly was out of adjustment also. Runs great now. And quieter than its ever been. Thanks for the help.

/ YM2210 engine direction of rotation #6  
Glad to hear you got her back running Van welcome anytime and thanks for the update we like to hear them! :thumbsup: