Tires YM 187D ag tire info

/ YM 187D ag tire info #1  

John_C

Tractor
YM 187D
Have a 187D with turf tire option. Looking for full set of ag tires and wheels for winter. Looking for info on what size the ag tires and wheels should be and whether they changed any gearing for the turf tire option. Also, if someone has these ags avail., what the cost would be.

Attachments

• 304370-YM187D.jpg
    304370-YM187D.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,168
   / YM 187D ag tire info #2  
John:

Your local tire store should be able to point you in the right direction if not try your local Firestone or Gooodyear.

Finding a ag tire to fit that fat rear rim may set you back a few bucks though.

Check "Titan tires" on a google search there web site you can put your tire size in and hit search and bingo. I found some there to fit my turf tire size for my YM187.

PS: you are the only other guy I have seen here with a ym187, I was starting to feel like the only one /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

found the site web page

Whiskey

/ YM 187D ag tire info #3  
JohnC, I have been wanting to get some turfs like you have for my 1500D, but been trying to figure the correct sizing front to rear to keep the 4WD in the proper ratio. Could you tell me the sizes of your tires? I cannot help with locations of AG tires, whiskey had some good ideas, but I can get you the tire sizes from my tractor which has them. That way the gear ratio will be correct.

If we swap tire sizes, I think we will both benifit. I'll have to get the sizes tonite and post them tommorrow. Thanks

Mike

/ YM 187D ag tire info #4  
John
I have 2 complete sets of ag tires for 1510-D yanmars
Ernie 503-829-9170 In Oregon

/ YM 187D ag tire info #5  
John C,
If you have the time, could you please post the size and type of tires you have on your tractor? I have a 1610D which is very close to yours and I want to put on turf tires. I bought a pair of 8X16 rims for the rear. Thanks in advance!

Fred Hafer /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ YM 187D ag tire info #6  
I don't know about the gearing. But my 180D looks just like your 187D, It has 6x12 on the front and 12.4x16 on the rear. I believe these are the original tires.

/ YM 187D ag tire info
Thanks for all the info everyone. I don't want to get rid of the turfs that I have. Perfect for mowing. Just want an extra set of ag tires and wheels for winter. I believe that 6 X 12 and 12.4 X 16 sound about right. I'll try to figure out how to compare the aspect ratio of those with my turf tires and see if they're close. The original buyer of my 187D purchased it with the turf option so these are definitely the turf tires the 187D came out with. The fronts are 20 X 8.00 X 10 and the rears are 31 X 15.5 X 15. I believe the rear wheels are 13" wide.

Now all I have to do is find a set of ag wheels for it. The fronts are 4 bolt and the rear are 6. Please let me know if you have any avail. Guess I could get them made right down the road at HEY WHEEL & RIM http://heywheel.com but I'd rather just find a decent used set for a reasonable price.

I have to say, and I'm sure Whiskey will agree, the 187D is a great little tractor. I bought it with a 5' Bushhog Squealer. Thought the 5' might be too much mower but the 187D has no problem handling it. All the filters are in stock at the local parts store. Even found the Wix air filter at O'Reilly Auto Parts for about $15.

Attachments

• 304750-YM187D-2.jpg
    304750-YM187D-2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 327
   / YM 187D ag tire info #8  
John:

<font color="blue">I have to say, and I'm sure Whiskey will agree, the 187D is a great little tractor. </font>

You bet your backside /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, I've run my YM187 hard for years and it's never asked for anything but good fuel, clean fluids and filters. I just bought a new tractor (it's a yanmar...go figure) and I just couldn't bring myself to trade the YM187 in on the new one.

The next project is to clean it up and put it back into shape...it's not anywhere as close to as purddy as yours /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Whiskey

Attachments

• 304837-DSC00002.JPG
    304837-DSC00002.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 613
   / YM 187D ag tire info #9  
My 186D which is in the same family as the 180 and the 187 has ag tires, 6-12 on the front and 9.50-16 on the rear. I checked the manual and those are the right tires. The turf tire option for the 186 is the same as JohnC lists for his 187.

Chris

/ YM 187D ag tire info #10  
I've been wondering same thing on mine something like 6-14 on front 9 or 9.5 - 22 on rear..