Loader Where can I buy a loader for my 186D 4x4 1983

/ Where can I buy a loader for my 186D 4x4 1983 #11  
I just have to ask. Have you always lived in Thailand or, did you move there from the US, etc, ? That seems like a good price for shipping. I would have no idea what shipping from here to there would have been.And you put this loader on a Bota and not a 186 ?? You were asking about a loader for a 186 originally

/ Where can I buy a loader for my 186D 4x4 1983 #12  
I just have to ask. Have you always lived in Thailand or, did you move there from the US, etc, ? That seems like a good price for shipping. I would have no idea what shipping from here to there would have been.And you put this loader on a Bota and not a 186 ?? You were asking about a loader for a 186 originally

The OP was asking about putting a loader on a 186 and there was a question as to a Coldwater FEL. I was responding to the part of a Coldwater FEL and the excellent experience I have had with them.

I am originally from Canada. Southern Alberta. I work in the oil industry. Moved to SE Asia in 2003 to Brunei. 2005 work took me to Malaysia and Thailand. Put my roots down in Thailand in late 2005 and have been here ever since.

I have had several items shipped to me from the USA to Thailand. Largest items being the loader, a Landice treadmill and Childguard fencing for around my swimming pool. All which have cost me less with purchase price, shipping, paying customs duties etc. than to buy them here. Hard to figure but that is the case. As for the $500 sea freight for the FEL, I thought it was an excellent price. I had done some checking on my own with other freight forwarders and it was the lowest cost to me.

/ Where can I buy a loader for my 186D 4x4 1983 #13  
The OP was asking about putting a loader on a 186 and there was a question as to a Coldwater FEL. I was responding to the part of a Coldwater FEL and the excellent experience I have had with them.

I am originally from Canada. Southern Alberta. I work in the oil industry. Moved to SE Asia in 2003 to Brunei. 2005 work took me to Malaysia and Thailand. Put my roots down in Thailand in late 2005 and have been here ever since.

I have had several items shipped to me from the USA to Thailand. Largest items being the loader, a Landice treadmill and Childguard fencing for around my swimming pool. All which have cost me less with purchase price, shipping, paying customs duties etc. than to buy them here. Hard to figure but that is the case. As for the $500 sea freight for the FEL, I thought it was an excellent price. I had done some checking on my own with other freight forwarders and it was the lowest cost to me.

My bad. I didn't look and thought you were the op. It does seem strange you can buy elsewhere and have it shipped in for less than you can buy there.I thought things would be cheap in Thailand. Maybe it gets cheaper after it leaves Thailand and ends up on the shores here and sold at walmart:confused3:

/ Where can I buy a loader for my 186D 4x4 1983 #14  
My bad. I didn't look and thought you were the op. It does seem strange you can buy elsewhere and have it shipped in for less than you can buy there.I thought things would be cheap in Thailand. Maybe it gets cheaper after it leaves Thailand and ends up on the shores here and sold at walmart:confused3:

:laughing::rotfl: There are many things in Thailand that are less expensive. Most are clothing items because there is indeed a lot of manufacturing of them here. Depending on what you like to eat, 3 solid meals a day could cost you $9.00. That is no Peter Luger Steak House meal but basic rice or noddles, fresh wok'ed veggies and stir fried pork, beef or chicken.

Housing can be cheap but not in metro areas like Bangkok that rival New York for prices.

And not to be racist but there is a definite "skin" tax I pay because I am Caucasian. I must have a plantation of money trees somewhere as most Thai's think that foreigners living here have money coming out of every pore in their body.

Two examples:

My Landice treadmill, I could have bought in Thailand at a cost of US$10,150. That was far too high IMO. I checked with Landice in the USA. They put me on to their international rep in New Jersey who shipped it to me and after purchase price, shipping and customs duties I paid a total of US$4,000. The other $6,150 was all profit (skin tax) that the dealer here was trying to hit me with. Even when I tried to negotiate a more reasonable price with her she refused. Her loss.

The loader. Kubota Thailand were useless. Told me that there was no loader for that model despite me showing them info that there is a loader for that model and it comes as an option in Europe and Africa. They were so willing to help me that they contacted a local engineering fab shop that quoted me in excess of US$6,500 (skin tax) for a loader and installation. The Coldwater FEL after purchase, shipping, customs duties, welder and mechanic help and some parts from Keller Kubota in the USA cost me just over US$2,600.

I could never give up this climate to ever go back to Canada. 41 years of experiencing 8 months of winter, 2 months of spring, 1.5 months of fall and maybe 15 days of summer plus the crap high taxes keep me away.

/ Where can I buy a loader for my 186D 4x4 1983 #15  
I have to put yet another plug in for Coldwater Tractors too. I got my loader from them and have been nothing but satisfied with their product and customer service. However it is sad that shipping half way around the world only cost $500 but shipping from Wa to NC cost $600..... im not complaining because the other quotes that I received were almost 5K before shipping. You wont go wrong doing business with the guys at Coldwater Tractors.

/ Where can I buy a loader for my 186D 4x4 1983 #16  
I have to put yet another plug in for Coldwater Tractors too. I got my loader from them and have been nothing but satisfied with their product and customer service. However it is sad that shipping half way around the world only cost $500 but shipping from Wa to NC cost $600..... im not complaining because the other quotes that I received were almost 5K before shipping. You wont go wrong doing business with the guys at Coldwater Tractors.

Other sea freight quotes I received ranged from $530 - $750. I believe it is a function of volume and fuel prices. Lots of cargo going from the West Coast of the USA to Taiwan and/or Singapore where it is then switched to smaller container ships to Thailand. At least 60% of the cost of the sea freight is shipping agent and document fees. The actual shipping cost without all of those agent and document fees is closer to $170 - $200.

I am in the process of having a cargo shipped to me that is 2 cubic meters and weighs 1,925lbs. That shipping cost is $697.