JD 750 equivalent Yanmar

/ JD 750 equivalent Yanmar #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
I'm not sure what size or model no. Yanmar is the equivalent . I need the loader SCV valve and am wondering what brand valve Yanmar used on their mid eighties tractors. The one on my JD os a Cessna 2 spool.

/ JD 750 equivalent Yanmar #2  
Nothing to do with a loader but my ym2002d has a 3t80u-nap engine and the John Deere 750 has a3t80u-j engine. Don't think these ym2002d's even came with loaders from Japan although I do have a foreign made Bulldog loader on mine.

/ JD 750 equivalent Yanmar #3  
Hopefully your Deere dealer can provide a close match for your valve, or that Cessna valve is out there somewhere.

There isn't a perfect twin to JD 750. Similar Yanmars have the exhaust on the opposite side, for one thing.

My (US) YM240 is similar to a JD750 and was from the same era, it has two cylinders and is slightly bigger. It had an AICO loader valve with its aftermarket loader. I've seen AICO valves listed on many Ford tractors. AICO no longer exists so this year I used a Prince valve for a replacement.

Here's a (real longwinded) thread where I described adapting the Prince valve in place of the AICO.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/yanmar/269934-power-beyond-vs-series-loader.html . There's pictures and everything. Post # 10 is probably the most concise.

It worked out great; I think it operates identical to what was originally put on there 30 years go.

/ JD 750 equivalent Yanmar #4  
I think the JD is close to an exact match for a yanmar 2500. it seem like the 2500 and 3000 had exact matches in the JD family. They were the only two that were the same. Even the exhaust was on the same side.

/ JD 750 equivalent Yanmar #5  
John Deere 750 is rated at 18pto horse power and weighs 1700 to 1800 lbs. YM2500 at 25pto horsepower and 2310 lbs.

/ JD 750 equivalent Yanmar #6  
I don't think there's an exact Yanmar match to any any JD mod. My 3110 is a close match to a 950 ,but not an exact match.

/ JD 750 equivalent Yanmar
I don't think there's an exact Yanmar match to any any JD mod. My 3110 is a close match to a 950 ,but not an exact match.

What's a shame, is that the 50 series tractors were some of the best John Deeres ever built and yet, the 650 and 750 are hardly supported. You spin an axle on one of these babies and you're cooked unless you find a junk yard model. The 850's and up are better because they are the large frame cuts that JD is actually still putting their name to in the 4005. Don't know if Yanmar still supports their 80's stuff but this gets worrisome just to keep owning the 750 as a result.

/ JD 750 equivalent Yanmar #8  
I read that JD 850 is based on (gray market) YM2500. Anybody know?

I think overhaul parts such as sleeves and pistons are still available from Yanmar for models they sold here. Its rare to see an inquiry for model-specific hard parts -axle etc. Aside from wear or neglect its pretty hard to break a Yanmar.

/ JD 750 equivalent Yanmar #9  
California, I believe the john deere 850 and yanmar 2500 engines are pretty close. Basing this on a sight that sells the same pistons, rings, etc. under the same listings. I do know the 850 has a 2 stage clutch after 1984. Tractor data shows the 2500 to be only a 540rpm pto. Is that correct? Never heard of one of these old Yanmars with a single speed pto. Weights of the two tractors are close but tire size slightly different.

/ JD 750 equivalent Yanmar #10  
I read that JD 850 is based on (gray market) YM2500. Anybody know?

I think overhaul parts such as sleeves and pistons are still available from Yanmar for models they sold here. Its rare to see an inquiry for model-specific hard parts -axle etc. Aside from wear or neglect its pretty hard to break a Yanmar.

I would say you'er correct. YM2500 and 850 JD are a close match. I think I remember Tom Fredricks telling me that way back when I bought my 3110