Oil change yanmar 1610D

/ Oil change yanmar 1610D #1  

papayanmar

Tractor
Yanmar 1610d
Simple question... how many quarts of oil in yanmar 1610D engine?
Gonna use Delo 400 15-40 unless told not to.
Time to do some maintance!
Thanks in advance,
Papa

/ Oil change yanmar 1610D #2  
I can't tell you exactly but somewhere between 4 and 5 quarts. Put in 4, circulate, let settle and fill till you get to full mark on dipstick.

/ Oil change yanmar 1610D #3  
First time I changed oil in my YM186D I measured the quantity and wrote it on the lip where the hood rests on the cowl. As I recall it was 3 quarts 12 ounces. I have no idea if your slightly larger engine takes this quantity but this would be a good starting point for filling it. Then look at the dipstick and add if needed. You might post back here on what you find - the information will be useful to someone.

/ Oil change yanmar 1610D
I thought of the drain and measure method, but wanted a base line to start with. I bought a gallon jug, so I'll start there. I will post the results when finished. My only worry is that the dip stick shows an over filled condition. I hope that doesn't mean a leaking hydraulic cylinder!
Thanks to all!

Hydraulic pump... not cylinder duh.

/ Oil change yanmar 1610D #6  
I should have clarified that I measured what I put in after a drain and filter change - didn't measure what came out. I used this one-quart measuring cup/funnel (with tube removed). It has a shutoff and graduations on the side.

21S9DYM2YEL._AA160_.jpg

Ok, the oil change went well. 3 1/2 quarts it is.
The fuel filter change didn't go quite so well. The act was simple enough, but I didn't bleed the system before driving off. Yep, got about as far away from the shop as I could get before it quit. Bled the system, and it started right up. Lesson learned.