3-Point Hitch Yanmar 336 ... Three point hitch lift arms not working

/ Yanmar 336 ... Three point hitch lift arms not working #21  
The bottom line coming out of the 3pt block and runs up and back around in back of the tractor where does it end up? That line should be going back into the other port over it to complete the hydraulic circuit- see my pics I have a loop of hose there out and back in.

That is the line that has the line pressure on it and if its going to lets say for instance the side of the trans it is simply returning fluid to the sump and wont power the 3pt block.

/ Yanmar 336 ... Three point hitch lift arms not working
I checked for flow on control valve by placing a hose to a 5 gallon bucket...flow is fine.

I redirected line out to loop to the in on control lever block.

/ Yanmar 336 ... Three point hitch lift arms not working #24  
The last 2 posts add more questions than answers can you clarify?

The last 2 posts add more questions than answers can you clarify?
the photos no longer represent todays status. I was asked to test for flow--fluid flows well...I then pluged transmission housing and rerouted the out flow to the in flow in block. I was also asked to check 3 point leveling system from releasing to normal control lever use.

/ Yanmar 336 ... Three point hitch lift arms not working #26  
One of your initial pictures shows a line going in the side of the transmission and looks like the other end is laying loose. Is that correct? Is that the line you hooked back up to to the top opening on the control block? I want to believe that is the return line coming back from the leveling cylinder. Is that correct? Where is the control for the leveling cylinder?

Just found a thread with instructions from the book on hooking up romotes on a 336. Might check yours out with the book instructions. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/yanmar/198853-remote-hydraulics-yanmar-336-a.html

Last edited:
   / Yanmar 336 ... Three point hitch lift arms not working #27  
the photos no longer represent todays status. I was asked to #1 test for flow--fluid flows well...I then pluged transmission housing and #2 rerouted the out flow to the in flow in block. I was also asked to check 3 point leveling system from releasing to normal control lever use.

Ok I got that now it wasn't clear in those posts thanks for clarifying it. :thumbsup:

This is what had me confused (bold text) since the earlier post you mentioned using a hose and a 5 gal bucket made me think you were using the hose connected to the 3 point block if that is correct that is the hose that needed to go into the block on the top port so is this how you did it? Bold txt #2 says what I am asking is what you did so to make it clear am I reading it right hose with flow went into the upper port on block?

The hose going into the transmission housing is a return you didn't need to do anything with the other end of it just leave it be plug it so mud daubers dont get inside is all that needs, it would be tied into the auxiliary valve for whatever was else attached that isn't there now.

You have to understand where we are coming from-These dont have hydraulic hoses as such the hoses were added after the fact and is why we all are having such difficulty giving you an exact fix if you follow me?

My entire diagnosis so far is based on "that hose" being the problem that and the draft lever was flipped up on the rock shaft, simply because if there were not hoses coming out of the 3pt control block the hydraulic circuit would be as designed and we all would be more informed as to what to do. I have a almost exact duplicate of your tractor with the auxiliary hoses and all so I am doing the best I can to help and hope I am?

The one other thing that is a possibility at this point is the lines may be right now and the lift piston or something mechanical is bad?????

One more thing I wonder is where is the knob under the seat set is it out (open) or in closed? Mine doesn't even work any where I put mine its somewhat frozen anyway but I wonder if yours is closed? I cant make an educated comment on that like I say mine is inop just throwing that out open it if its closed I guess?

Last edited: