Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    YM336D, Farmall M, Int 560D, JD 4020D

Default Yanmar 336 ... Three point hitch lift arms not working

Fixed fuel pump...fixed water pump...fixrd locked brake...now 3 point will not lift.

Tractor
    YM3810D Yanmar

Default Re: Yanmar 336 ... Three point hitch lift arms not working

That's not much info but there are several things that could cause this. Can you post a pic or 2 showing the valves and knobs under the seat and back on the rock shaft?
    Yanmar YM3810D, LT duty 3pt hoe, 6' KK2 tiller, 6' KK box blade, 6 1/2' KK disc, 5' Howse bush hog, 5' Howse back blade, 9" Yellow PHD, 3 Husky chain saws 346XP NE, 359, 372XP. 07 HD Heritage Softail, Crack injectors, check compression, take 2 beers and call me. "Hey you didn't build that."

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    YM 336D

Quote Originally Posted by Car Doc View Post
    That's not much info but there are several things that could cause this. Can you post a pic or 2 showing the valves and knobs under the seat and back on the rock shaft?
    Did they ever?? Is this something you just discovered or a brand new problem???

Joe

Tractor

-dsc_4979-jpg-dsc_4976-jpg-dsc_4982-jpg
    I put in 2 gallons of 303 fluid...dip stick measures full...power steering works well but no lift on 3 point
    Last edited by jsal007; 05-21-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 336d w ldr,Cub,many attachments

still not alot to go on, did they ever work for you ? AS stated it very well could be an adjustment to one of the exterior valves near the r\s rear of tractor,does the loader function in all positions ? If so try holding the lift lever on the loader and move the 3pt lever to see if it reacts,report back

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 336d w ldr,Cub,many attachments

still not alot to go on, did they ever work for you ? AS stated it very well could be an adjustment to one of the exterior valves near the r\s rear of tractor,does the loader function in all positions ? If so try holding the lift lever on the loader and move the 3pt lever to see if it reacts,report back-where is the middle round knob positioned thats under the middle of the seat ?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Don't have a solution but do have questions. Flex line coming out of the control valve looks like it goes to a leveling cylinder on the lift arm. Would I be correct that the loose end of the flex line that is going into the transmission was once hooked to the other opening on the control valve? If so, where is the control valve to that leveling cylinder. You definitely have something optional here.

Grainger, I don't see a loader. Does it have a loader? Sure agree a little history would help.

Tractor

Tractor does not have Loader but previous owner took it off...was told to reroute control hose from out back to in and plug hose on crank case...still 3 point has never run for me but power steering does work.
    Quote Originally Posted by winston1 View Post
    Don't have a solution but do have questions. Flex line coming out of the control valve looks like it goes to a leveling cylinder on the lift arm. Would I be correct that the loose end of the flex line that is going into the transmission was once hooked to the other opening on the control valve? If so, where is the control valve to that leveling cylinder. You definitely have something optional here.

Grainger, I don't see a loader. Does it have a loader? Sure agree a little history would help.

Tractor

Tractor does not have Loader but previous owner took it off...was told to reroute control hose from out back to in and plug hose on crank case...still 3 point has never run for me but power steering does work.
    Quote Originally Posted by grainger12002 View Post
    still not alot to go on, did they ever work for you ? AS stated it very well could be an adjustment to one of the exterior valves near the r\s rear of tractor,does the loader function in all positions ? If so try holding the lift lever on the loader and move the 3pt lever to see if it reacts,report back-where is the middle round knob positioned thats under the middle of the seat ?

Tractor
    YM3810D Yanmar

Ok you have the same valves setup as I do so that's what I was hoping to see.

For one thing you have the auto draft control option and there is a lever on the draft control clutch on the right rock shaft (its behind the shaft in the pics) that needs to be flipped down to use the draft control and it will make the 3 pt lever mostly inoperable. So it needs to be pointed up if I remember right I dont have my tractor here at the shop right now so cant say 100%..

edit: I do see the auto draft clutch lever and its in the up position so I will definitely be looking at that on mine.

The lift speed lever is on top of the block that has the hose missing and it looks about where it is on mine where mine works ok so that is probably not it. fwtw There is also another lever on the lower left side behind the rock shaft down by the tranny case that will also stop the 3 pt I am not seeing a rear view so cant say 100% you have it but I am almost positive you do.

Also the hoses on yours appear to be set up for aux hydraulic and they need to loop back into themselves to complete the circuit so I dont see how it can work like the pic shows?

Interesting to note fwtw I see a hydraulic fluid return going into the side of the tranny case on yours. Kenmac and me had to build our own, ours goes into the inspection cover behind the shifter tower just for conversation a pic is worth a thousand words yes.

I am sorry I still cant help you with the exact answer yet but like what I see in the pics I dont see how anything is working w/o a leak and also cant see the exact routing of the hoses we will keep at it until we get you answers. I may go by the house today and get pics of the things I am talking about for ya maybe that will shed some light I will for sure tomorrow. Interesting seat you have there btw.
    Last edited by Car Doc; 05-22-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    Yanmar YM3810D, LT duty 3pt hoe, 6' KK2 tiller, 6' KK box blade, 6 1/2' KK disc, 5' Howse bush hog, 5' Howse back blade, 9" Yellow PHD, 3 Husky chain saws 346XP NE, 359, 372XP. 07 HD Heritage Softail, Crack injectors, check compression, take 2 beers and call me. "Hey you didn't build that."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast