Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Yanmar 1500D Engine Runs Full Speed

Thanks JSAL. Where do I spray the oil to get to the roller spring? Do I need to pull the injector out just enough to spray it?

Where is Alice Tex.? We have some visitors coming to Va. this month from Paris Tex.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

I'm not jsal007 but he may be talking about the injection pump plungers or guides. I believe he is just warning not to take the injection pump apart, rather just work at getting it freed up. Not saying not to take it out to gain access. Just what I think he is saying, may be all wet.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

i read it as do not dissasemble the pump itself as well.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

So if you look at my photo on the previous page, I will loosen injector tubing, take off the fuel supply tubing, loosen and remove the nuts that hold the pump on the tractor, note closely the shims & pull the pump out. I assume there is a connection somewhere in there to the pump so I will be careful not to break anything, disconnect the spring if possible, do not disassemble the pump, try to free what is in a bind and after freeing the bind, replace the pump in the reverse of how I took it out/off??? Can anyone confirm that has actually removed the pump on a 1500D?

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

I may be wrong but can you even see the "plungers" by just removing them pump? i would thing taht there internal to the operation of the pump?
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonfor View Post
    I may be wrong but can you even see the "plungers" by just removing them pump? i would thing taht there internal to the operation of the pump?
    I don't know about the pumps on first hand experience but from my reading I know some people have had success freeing up their pump. Just looking at this picture of the pump I would think penetrating oil could be sprayed in the rack opening which should reach the little gears and some part of the plungers. Although we can't see the underside I know their are rollers under there that run on the cam. I would think penetrating oil in that area should also do some good. Finally and most importantly, don't take my word as "authority" on the matter. http://www.hoyetractor.com/mm5/merch...ct_Code=IP-200

Tractor
    Yanmar YM336D

Assuming the IP is fuel lubricated as many are, LubroMoly Diesel Purge is a fuel additive that might help free your governor rack without removing the IP. You can run the stuff straight to circulate it trough the fuel system, let it sit overnight and start again in the morning with regular fuel.

It's a long shot, but might save several hours of wrenching.

If you do take the IP off, Berryman B-12 Chemtool works really well for dissolving fuel varnish.
    Yanmar YM336D - "Schlepper" with loader and other toys

Grow hard or go home!

So you think I can just unscrew the bolts and remove the fuel lines and pull the I pump out. Is anything else connected to the pump inside? I don't want ot break anything. Does the pump just run on a cam without anything else connected? That is what the Hoyt photo of the I pump suggests????????

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM186d,John Deere 1050, Case 211B

Take off the cover plate(W/blow by tube) above the pump,and there should be a spring ?? hooked to the pump-don't stretch it or damage it. Never had to remove one yet-just repeating what I have read on other posts. The pump runs on a cam,but you have to disconect the linkage before you just unbolt it and pull it out.
    JD1050,YM186D,Case211B,Homemade- sawmill & log splitter & log hauling arch trailer
    JD14T,Ford 532 balers,
    AC 80-R3,Ford 501 sickle mowers
    2.1 KW Off-grid Solar System and growing

Barry, and all thanks for the help. I will be at my lakehouse this weekend and will remove the cover plate as you suggested, remove the spring, remove the fuel lines, remove the I-pump while keeping a close eye on the shims, will not take the I-pump apart and try to free up what is stuck before replacing all the parts. This time I will take some photoes just to be sure when I re-assemble all looks the same.

Thanks again for the suggestions and help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast