Yanmar steering cylinder

/ Yanmar steering cylinder #1  

barneyrb

Silver Member
I have a Yanmar US35D which is supposed to be the same as a JD 1070 and the steering cylinder has developed the runs. I ordered a kit from JD and it is wrong. Any ideas on where to find a seal kit?

Hoye is no help.....

/ Yanmar steering cylinder #2  
I notice on the John Deere parts sight the 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive have different cylinders. I am going to assume you really meant ym36d? If that is the case the YM36d came with a steering gearbox power steering instead of a cylinder assist. If you have cylinder assist power steering it may have been added. Just putting out possibilities, don't really know anything.

/ Yanmar steering cylinder
No, it is a US35D, supposed to be the same as a 1070 yet the steering cylinder is not the same...

us35.jpg

/ Yanmar steering cylinder #4  
nice tractor . Where are you located ? what year mod. is the tractor ?

/ Yanmar steering cylinder #5  
I apologize for my bad assumption. That is a first for me. Never heard of a US series.

/ Yanmar steering cylinder #6  
another range of Yannies i have never seen before.........

nice tractor . Where are you located ? what year mod. is the tractor ?

I am in North Louisiana and have no idea on year model but the 1070 was produced 1989 to 1998. That pic is not mine but is the same model tractor, mine has more work scrapes on it than that one and I had a loader installed on mine also

I apologize for my bad assumption. That is a first for me. Never heard of a US series.

NP, that tractor is the first one I have ever seen like that.

It has the 4TN84 engine and pulls a 5ft bush hog very well, a 6ft box blade, and a 6-1/2 ft disc. It is a tractor I use mostly at the deer camp.

Last edited:
   / Yanmar steering cylinder #8  
I have a Yanmar US35D which is supposed to be the same as a JD 1070 and the steering cylinder has developed the runs. I ordered a kit from JD and it is wrong. Any ideas on where to find a seal kit?

Hoye is no help.....
You can find any seal ever made at HERCULES SEALING PRODUCTS in Tampa FL. If they don't have it, they will make one. Go to: herculesus.com

I found a guy that is rebuilding what I have. There will be some machine work ($$$$$) involved but still less expensive than the cheapest used one I found.

/ Yanmar steering cylinder #10  
well it sure looks like a tractor I would like to own. I guess no one in my area is importing that model. This must be newer than the f series tractors You are the 1st here to post a pic /own 1 that I'm aware of