Yanmar 1700 Hood Wanted

/ Yanmar 1700 Hood Wanted #1  

Greg Allen

I hope this is the correct forum to post this. I need a replacement hood for a Yanmar 1700. Anyone have one for sale or suggestions where to find one?

/ Yanmar 1700 Hood Wanted #2  
I hope this is the correct forum to post this. I need a replacement hood for a Yanmar 1700. Anyone have one for sale or suggestions where to find one?

You'er in the right spot to post anything yanmar.Now just locate a hood. You may have to try some of the salvage yards

here,s 1
http://www.southern-global.com/

I believe West Kentucky Tractor parts is another 270-462-2191

/ Yanmar 1700 Hood Wanted #3  
Welcome,
Good-a-place as any to post, is also a classified/Marketplace section,;) I'm not 100% sure But I think the 2000 hood is close to the same,
A year or so back I had asked about why think the hole didn't line up center of the fuel tank filler hole? it was not clear as to why,

I also notice the hood seem to hang over the dash more than needed, what i think happen, I suspect due to the steering wheel being bent egg shape when I got the tractor, I think the tractor might had went over at some point damaging the hood beyond repair, So they replace it with what they could find, Being that of a 2000, this could explain the misalignment of the fuel filler hole, actually later on it bug me to the point that I wound up cutting off the hinge pivots and extending it 1" forward ;)
Perhaps we can get some of the 2000 owners/members to post measurements and compare the two,:)

Last edited:
   / Yanmar 1700 Hood Wanted
I spoke to salesman at fredricks tractor. He said the 2000 and 1700 are the exact hood. FWIW.

/ Yanmar 1700 Hood Wanted #6  
I spoke to salesman at fredricks tractor. He said the 2000 and 1700 are the exact hood. FWIW.

Incase I missed it somewhere. In what part of the world are you located ?

/ Yanmar 1700 Hood Wanted
They said they would call back if one could be located. Also said $400 if one is available.

/ Yanmar 1700 Hood Wanted #9  
In that case . you'er close to a large importer / parts house Fredricks.... I think they use the places I listed for used parts when they don't have them