Help with new ym226D purchase

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #91  
So far my rtv sealer patch job is working..no leaks..fingers crossed..may last me awhile.

Awesome another big job is avoided by silicone! :) fwtw when I got my tractor it had a fairly decent oil leak at the injection pump at a spot about in the middle on the bottom side maybe from someone prying it off with a screwdriver. Anyway I cleaned it with brakekleen and siliconed it and after 4 years its still sealed up so I bet you will be just fine. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / Help with new ym226D purchase
Yea im pretty excited, I am in the process of building a shop, so just hoping to patch it up until I get a place to break in down out of the weather..but now I will wait until it starts leaking again..i just don't prefer oil all over a new garage floor.

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #93  
As to the yamabond, rtv is also gas and oil proof that's why its used to seal oil pans trans and valve covers.

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #94  
I got rvt would hold up to oil well ,as I used plenty of it in my race days. It didn't work at all with the 2 cycle gasoline in my waverunner.Had to remove the block and re seal everything with Yamaha bond.. He should be ok, since he is only sealing against oil leakage