Help with new ym226D purchase

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #11  
I don't know whether it is a bad idea or not. I do know I would try it before taking all that apart. I am not familiar with all the different sealants. Maybe someone at the auto parts counter could give good advice on that? Did you double check the bolts just to make sure they hadn't loosened a little?

/ Help with new ym226D purchase
I did check the bolts, hard to get to but they feel tight to me..I would have to remove some things to get good torque on them..

That gasket is a $4 part..haha but that Labor is likely a whole day...

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #13  
Sealing from the outside wont hurt anythng.

I would use RTV black or Grey (my personal preference) and use carb cleaner or brake clean and spray the area clean after you have drained the fluid and it stops dripping. I would spray clean then let dry then spray and wipe clean then spray clean one more time. If its stopped dripping, go around the mating area of the gasket with a thin bead that you hand spread to above the fluid line on the split surfaces. It wont look pretty but should stop a leak, for a period of time.

Thanks clemsonfor.

One other thing for conversation, I plan to drain and replace the fluid and clean hydro screen this weekend. The tractor hesitates after you put it in gear before it starts moving, like a 2-3 second delay, but all ranges and gears work, the front loader isn't really fast either, my guess is the internal screen is partially plugged up, on the right track with that assumption?

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #15  
From what i have read on here, i think a dirty filter or dirty fluid will cause a hesitation, but i am not saying that that will fix your problem.

I was in The county this weekend at the farm property. I spent most of saturday on the tractor finishmowing and bushhogging. Then a few hours sunday mourning before we hit the road.

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #16  
One thing i just thought of, is taht if this is on the bottom of the tractor where the trans meets the bell housing or something like that this will only last as long as the silicone. I cut so much tall grass and junk like sappling and briars and stuff that the constant rubbing of the under belly would wear the silicone off in probably a day of mowing, which wont do you anygood. If the area is kind of hidden in a recess you may get a bit more time out of the patch.

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #17  
if its fairly clean and dry you might be suprised how long it will last, I like the black,its not under press so you might just luck out,did u say it was only a drip every few seconds......give it a go,might just seal it

keep us posted
nice looking 226d
From CT

I will drain and clean the area this weekend and try a sealer, I will post back my results.

Clemsonfor, why don't you upgrade to my ym2210? you can come check it out since you have property here.

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #19  
I dont have the cash to do it. Well i do but i dont need to spend it. I would love to have the extra power the trans and the loader!!! But i have been getting along fine with mine so i guess i will keep on keeping on.

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #20  
If I was going to try and seal it w/o splitting it I would drain it and clean it super good with brakekleen and air and make sure all the bolts were tight as has been mentioned and use high temp gray just because that's what I have on hand always.

Let it sit overnite with the cap off so there isn't any pressure. I have sealed a/c and radiators with glue and we usually put them under a vacuum and that theoretically pulls the sealer or glue into the crack whatever but it does work. Good luck on the nice new tractor!

I suppose if that fails it could be drained and split a fraction of an inch and sealer put in place and tightened all back up in that case I would use anaerobic. just my .002