Help with new ym226D purchase

/ Help with new ym226D purchase
yea im referring to the powershift, the loader is slow as well..I suspect dirty screen. I got new hydro fluid sitting in the shop, just got to find time to get out there and change it.

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #52  
I dont know if this adds anything to the equation but the clutch has to be out for the powershift pump to be making pressure to apply the clutches. I notice mine hesitate at times if I start it and leave the clutch in and put the PS lever in gear and let out the clutch it takes a bit to build pressure and go it usually jerks ahead also doing it that way. The best way is start it then let clutch out then push clutch in and shift then there is no or little hesitation. fwtw

interesting, i'll try that

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #54  
wow wish i could find and flip yanmars like you, granted i dont look for them but i do look at craigs list every now and then just dont see anything.

U must jump on them as fast as your finding them and buying them before the guys, who your selling to find them?

wow wish i could find and flip yanmars like you, granted i dont look for them but i do look at craigs list every now and then just dont see anything.

U must jump on them as fast as your finding them and buying them before the guys, who your selling to find them?

I can't reveal my secrets man, c'mon..ha

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #56  
I should have made clear I see a delay only after letting the clutch out. As CarDoc noted this is probably the moment where the PS internal pump comes up to speed and starts pushing fluid.

1-2-3 shifts are instantaneous. I usually use the clutch to soften these shifts. In my opinion clutchless shifts are for rice paddies with limited traction, and they make unnecessary stress on hard ground.

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #57  
I know where there is 2( i know one is a yanmar) tractors sitting next to an unkept trailer adn just not maintained grounds. I have thought about knocking to see if they would like to sell them. I plan on flipping them if i get them.

But i have a timber sale right next to the home and when inspecting it this last week i noticed that the yanmar does not appear to have an engine in it, but it looks like a tractor and the front and rears are attached and on all 4 tires so that would be impossible if there is no engine? It just looks like a lot of daylight can bee seen through the hood. Maybe it has no air cleaner/head and radiator???

I should have made clear I see a delay only after letting the clutch out. As CarDoc noted this is probably the moment where the PS internal pump comes up to speed and starts pushing fluid.

1-2-3 shifts are instantaneous. I usually use the clutch to soften these shifts. In my opinion clutchless shifts are for rice paddies with limited traction, and they make unnecessary stress on hard ground.

I understand, I think the issue is dirty screen. I'll know soon

I know where there is 2( i know one is a yanmar) tractors sitting next to an unkept trailer adn just not maintained grounds. I have thought about knocking to see if they would like to sell them. I plan on flipping them if i get them.

But i have a timber sale right next to the home and when inspecting it this last week i noticed that the yanmar does not appear to have an engine in it, but it looks like a tractor and the front and rears are attached and on all 4 tires so that would be impossible if there is no engine? It just looks like a lot of daylight can bee seen through the hood. Maybe it has no air cleaner/head and radiator???

I inspect things I buy well before purchase, I haven't been burned yet, but its a possibility. I got 2 leads now, anyone looking for a particular series?

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #60  

Yup me too that's exactly how I do mine any more they shift hard and fast when up in the rpm's and/or hard ground.

The only time I dont and I am pretty sure you do it too California and some others also (for Smoody's benefit Im telling this) is in a low main gear and a tiller or mower on back we spin them up with the clutch out and then put PS into gear with clutch out and up shift as necessary that isn't bad of a jar on drive train at all. :thumbsup: