YM 1700 cylinder sleeve

/ YM 1700 cylinder sleeve #31  
Never pulled liners but have pulled a few harmonic ballencers and flywheels on boats and such and the constant pressure, spray lube and a whack of a hammer every now and then seeme to what finiallly "pops" them free.

I had a boat flywheel that i was scared i was going to damage the crank pulling any harder than i had it, so i let it sit, sparyed it again and tapped it a buch with a hammer. Then the second or third day i got home gave it a whack and ping it popped free.

/ YM 1700 cylinder sleeve #32  
Last motor I replaced liners on was a Ford industrial 3 cyl gasser 201ci (or something about that size) in a Davis trencher did them in frame. Anyway they were pretty big cylinders made it easy to weld inside of. I worked my rear off on them with a plate I made that fit the bottoms real nice and finally mig welded some large lug nuts about half way down inside the liners and pounded them up from the bottom. Once I got them moving they went real easy went back in nice too.

Last edited:
   / YM 1700 cylinder sleeve #33  
I'm in process on a full rebuild of my 336d. It had set in my yard since 2007 and somewhere else before that. Lots of rust inside everywhere except the rod and main journals. I pulled the liners yesterday using a piece of 3" pipe and a hammer. The block is completely stipped down and on the floor so it made it easy.

/ YM 1700 cylinder sleeve #34  
hi
I just pulled (?) the sleeves on a ym155d and it was the worst job I have done in a long time. The puller was like those shown on this site, but even with ice and heating the block with a dryer it wont budge. I found that the only way to get them to move was to add tension on the puller and then hit the sleeve from the bottom with a piece of steel and a sledge hammer. Your consolation will be that you will be getting out and under the tractor at least 50 times so you can forget your sit ups for a week after.
Tired Gpa Bill