Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tractor
    yanmar YM-1700

Default Re: How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderer View Post
    DND, My son calls my tractor a "Force Multiplier". I am not the mule I was 20 yrs ago and my tractor makes life easier and more productive than not having it. Good on ya for using it to make things using less of your energy that can be used for other things.
    I know what you mean, 20 years ago I didn't need even a hand truck, but now that I'm older it truly has been my life support system, and it's FEL has saved my aging back,
    for instance 2 weeks ago I needed to start the rebuild of our Cook grill, I may have carried it up 15 steps to our deck 6 years ago but I wasn't about to try brining it back down them, So! a section of the railing came down, I pulled my ol-1700 up to the deck lift the FEL bucket up to the level of the deck, straped the 250 lb Grill on and drove it down to my shop (200 ft ) away, Heck come to think of it, I probably spend half as much time moving things with my tractor than I do actual tractor work I guess in a way it has become my set of "hand trucks"
    Never judge a man until you've walked a day in his shoes,

I run mine 200-250 hours per year. Most of this is bush hog work and food plot work. The other club members usually pay me enough (to do their food plots) to cover my hunting dues for the year.

I put 11 hours on it this weekend and put 15+ gallons of diesel through it....

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

What Myanmar do u have?? That's an awful lot of fuel for just 11 hours of run time?
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonfor View Post
    What Myanmar do u have?? That's an awful lot of fuel for just 11 hours of run time?
    US35D which is the same as JD1070

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4500, Toro z420

I'm nearing my first full year, I think I'll be close to hitting the 100 hour mark.

Gold Member

Early on more but of late since I have a second tractor and I just my 336d with the woods backhoe it is much less than 10 hours a year.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    YM2000

Quote Originally Posted by barneyrb View Post
    I run mine 200-250 hours per year. Most of this is bush hog work and food plot work. The other club members usually pay me enough (to do their food plots) to cover my hunting dues for the year.

I put 11 hours on it this weekend and put 15+ gallons of diesel through it....
    That's about what I get with the JD5103 @ 55hp. with the BH. Knee deep brush is about the highest it has to cut. It only gets about 200hrs. a yr. tops. but I've added a new BB that will add some time to that. Bought it to grade the Gravel Rd. so I don't have to move the Yanmar over. Finally have some time and now just waiting for it to dry up here in Ga. so I can use it. Tomorrow hopefully.....

Tractor
    yanmar YM-1700

I know what you mean Carey about the wet, It's been terrible this year here in Ga. trying to do any tractor work, I hate to have to put mine in mud and cleaning up the mess, but it looks like if I'm to get anything done I'll have to go ahead, so far anytime I might think it's dry enough to work I'll make a few passes, the tires turns semi-dry into sloppy mud again, I have about 15 hours worth of stuff needing done and the clock ticks on adding to it thanks to the rain/wet, I've got other things to do outside not requiring my tractor but the Humidity is so bad I give out of breath quickly, so here I am in front of the puter

Tractor
    yanmar YM-1700

another effect all this rain has caused, is the tomatoes and peppers I set out last month are for the first time ever dying from root-rot,
    They were good healthy plants when we got them or started them from seed in starter pots, we held of for a few weeks in hopes that the ground might dry out before transplanting them into the garden, finally got them in the ground and the rain poured, I have decent drainage but I try to keep the spot a little flat so can hold moisture to prevent having to water them often, But it looks like now holding too much moisture, each of the 12 years having the garden we add healthy rich potting soil in the hole with the plant, we thought we had pretty good enriched soil conditions by now, But when removing the dead plants and smelling the roots it stinks like poop,
    which has me wondering if our garden is too close to our drain field 100 ft away? Plus the way the grade is I cannot see any way the field could drain into the garden, But with all the rain who knows for sure... if this is the case No eating anything from the garden this year,
    In any case I got a soil testing kit the other day, going to see what i find out,
    I hope everyone elses gardens are doing well,

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

at 100 feet i bet your getting little if any infiltration. The ground would have to be totally saturated to allow the movement of anything that would smell to your garden, plus the fact that the lines are proably 2 ft below ground and would have to move thorugh 100 ft of soil acting as a filter i hightly doubt that .

My tomatoes look good this year, not as good a my neighbors or some other people i have seen but better than others, i think the trick is the closer you got them into the ground to the last frost the better they are. Mine were up a few weeks in the ground before the "floods" started. They are doing OK, i actually plant over what i think is my drain field?? I really dont know how its laid out in my strand house. There is 2 green stripes that go from where my garden starts but its like 75ft from my septic tank?? But i do have a second tank that is 15 ft from the garden so i always assumed it was the old lines for that tank and residual stuff from it? That tank is not used (there was a trailer in my back yard that it served, and is gone now) but the original owners used it to dump thier RV when they had it.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast