How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar.

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar. #1  

clemsonfor

Tractor
Yanmar YM2000
I know this may have been posted here before, but not in the last few years i think. Its probably on the owning forum all the time i just dont go there and pluss its irrelevant to me someone that has a total different tractor how many hours they put on because its hard to relate another tractor to mine.

So post how many hours (about) a year you accumulate and the model of your tractor.

I started off putting about 50/yr on my ym 2000 when i got it. As i have tackled things that have been over looked for years the place is shaping up and requires less mowing time and frequency, as they have made the shift from trees/briers to mostly grasses in my fields. The last 2 years i am putting on right at 25 hours on the tractor. But the last 2 years have been drier than they should be and i am doing 1 less mowing a year than i use to do. I was mowing i think 4x per year but that was also closer to the time of reclaiming the pastures and mowing the junk and herbiciding all the trees out of it.

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar. #2  
50 roughly, she gets one oil change a year so far and due for one now. ;)

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar.
I change mine once a year and i am due, the last 2x i was at the farm i was so busy i did not get a chance to do it. Well the first time i forgot the filter. But i have right at like 27 hours since the last one and i write the date and hours on the filter. I last did the change in june so i am not even over a year.

Is your oil black when it comes out? I have heard some say (maybe not yanmar owners) that thier oil is amber still???

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar. #4  
50 roughly, she gets one oil change a year so far and due for one now. ;)
Complete waste of money. Oil doesn't break down that fast

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar. #5  
Oh yeah its black at 50 hrs makes me think maybe a sooner service could be better. I am thinking 3k miles in a car at 60 mph works out to 50 hours so that's my thinking these do a lot of idling and have no positive crankcase ventilation to speak of no wonder the oil looks so bad.

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar. #6  
Complete waste of money. Oil doesn't break down that fast

Oh yeah agreed oil doesn't ever break down in that way it gets color from particulates that means its dirty not wore out. 50 hrs is the recommended service.

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar. #7  
I have had my 2002d since January 2008 and have put 652 hours on it. That averages about 144 hours a year. Yes, I do keep her pretty busy. I change oil and filter about every 50 hours also.

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar. #8  
I am about 50 hours or so. No cutting at all just digging, dragging and moving snow.

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar.
I have had my 2002d since January 2008 and have put 652 hours on it. That averages about 144 hours a year. Yes, I do keep her pretty busy. I change oil and filter about every 50 hours also.

WOW thats a lot of hours!! How big is your place?

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar. #10  
Have you seen pics of his garden its big! :thumbsup: