Yanmar 2310 down what is it worth?

/ Yanmar 2310 down what is it worth? #1  

stumpjumper47

Tractor
kubota 4700
Hello,

I have a Yanmar 2310. Has been an exceptional tractor for the 10 years I have owned it. I did a complete rebuild on the engine about 8 years ago thanks to the advice on this forum.

Well the tractor started knocking (sounded like top end) and I got it home and shut it down. Against my gut I started it to move it and it quit.

There is no water in the oil but I have no idea what broke and will not until the engine is opened up.

I am thinking of selling it as is. If so what would be its aprox.worth. I have since bought another tractor and thought about keeping it and fixing it but in reality I do not have the time.

Regards,

Jimmy

Attachments

• mail.google.com.jpg
    mail.google.com.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 400
   / Yanmar 2310 down what is it worth? #2  
If the motor locked up, you probably have a bad rod or main bearing.

/ Yanmar 2310 down what is it worth?
When I rebuilt the motor, it was my first so please forgive my not remembering. Can I pull the oil pan to check for the bad rod or main bearing, or does the head and all have to come off?
Thanks for your reply.

Jimmy

Last edited:
   / Yanmar 2310 down what is it worth? #4  
Should be able to drop the pan and check. You can loosen the rod and main caps one-by-one and try turning the engine by hand after each time you loosen one until you find the culprit. Went through this process w/ my Mitsubishi not too long ago.....had a rod bearing spin and she locked up tighter than a drum! Very simply fix really though. What's time and money compared to the satisfaction of completing a job well done?!?! ;)

Good luck... A set of bearings, some gaskets and turning the crank is probably just be a few hundred $$ and a weekend of your time. A tractor with a seized engine is worth maybe half of a running one and yours looks like a clean unit worth getting a fair price out of..

/ Yanmar 2310 down what is it worth? #5  
Yea just pull pan. U can look at bearings that way. I would say the tractor worth 750 as is.