YM336D fuel consumption

/ YM336D fuel consumption #1  

S Putnik

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM336D
I'm still coming up to speed on my 336. It would be really useful to know if anyone has the "specific fuel consumption" figure or just practical knowledge of gallons per hour at 2500 RPM and full load.

I'm looking at taking on some multi-day projects and don't have enough hours on it to know what to estimate for fuel consumption.

Thank you in advance for any info you may have.

/ YM336D fuel consumption
Spot on, brother! I had no idea such awesomeness exits.

/ YM336D fuel consumption
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.

/ YM336D fuel consumption #5  
Huh! tractor data showed nothing for a 2cyl. Ym2000 I guess having to use a calendar is kind of hard to believe. I gave up on Time per Gal. Yrs. ago :D

/ YM336D fuel consumption #6  
Just use the one for a YM240. ;)

YM240-page-1.jpg
The fuel consumption data are accurate for the tractor, but I don't think the absolute pulling power they describe is generally applicable. If you look, they added 430 pounds of iron ballast to EACH rear wheel, after putting liquid ballast in them to boot! However, the PTO output is not affected by additional ballast, of course.

For S Putnik: you may get even better results than the test data would indicate: In the "Remarks" section, the testers note that "One
scratch was found on the front cylinder wall during final inspection." I don't know how big the scratch in the #3 cylinder was, but it may have cost the machine power and thus increased fuel consumption for a given power output.

/ YM336D fuel consumption #7  
I CRS. from Injury's much less how long ago I put in 5$ of off road it's so good. I seen it on the 240. If you can figure out 1.5- 2hrs. at 2000RPMS. using a 5FT. FM on a Lawn/Fairway Height grass let me know. 2hrs is about what it takes to complete my Wkly mowing time. If I would fill the Tank you will need a Calender.:laughing: Not anymore for me but I had to come up with a reason to run to the store for a beer I mean fuel :laughing:.

/ YM336D fuel consumption #8  
I have had such a tractor for over twenty years. It uses at full power bush hogging about one gallon per hour.

/ YM336D fuel consumption #9  
Really! What Model is it? Here's my result's. Ran the FM yesterday I put 1.4 hrs. On the Tach. At 2000 rpm's. or 3/4 throttle. When I bought it and went through the maint. Drained the Tank etc. I marked 1 1/4 Gal. Or a 1/4 of a Tank. I put 5$ in at 3.65 gal. and it put me just barely above my marks.Which knowing when I checked it was time for Fuel. When I parked it checked the time on the Tach. and the fuel it was barely below my marks if it even was. The Width of a Permanent marker is what I used to mark it. I guess I'm going to have to Weigh it or find more than 4 acres to Mow. :laughing: Before I Checked TBN. I was checking my Bank and looked back 5$ Diesel for the last 3 Mnths.;)

/ YM336D fuel consumption #10  
I was up at the farm 2 weeks ago. I had maybe 1.5 gallons in the tank. I was useing a 6 ft finish mower. Grass had not been done in at least 5 weeks and then it was my uncle with his bush hog. This gives u an idea of height. Most of it was weeds some is thick bahaia and some thick otherwise grasses. It took me just over an hour maybe on a watch clock. This was doing a bit over an acre and half of dodgeing trees and sheds n such . I had to have the mover spun up to 2200 or 2400 on the teach. It was rolling smoke pretty good in some places it was under so much of a load. I was down to about a cm of fuel in the tank when I stopped to get on a ride to finish. I went to the store and got 5 more gallons filled the tank then bushhoged about 3.5 acres at between 2000 to 2300 rpm. I used about 1 to 1.75 gallons to do all that. Shows how the implement and grass height can affect it. Oh I have a 4 foot bush hog.