Extra weight on a scrape blade

/ Extra weight on a scrape blade #1  

lancem

Bronze Member
Tractor
YM2000
When I use a scrape blade with my ym2000 it just bounces along on top of the dirt. I am thinking about adding a bracket on to the blade so I can hang a few suitcase weights on it. Any thoughts?

/ Extra weight on a scrape blade #2  
Sounds like a Typ. Scrape blade Prob. If so your be hanging weights on it. The 3pt. only has pressure up not down. My BB will do the same on my gravel Dr. until I loosen it up and the weight of the Gravel will hold it down. Thats were I'll even drop the forks to make it squicker. ;)

/ Extra weight on a scrape blade #3  
More weight will make the blade work a lot better. My old scraper blade even has a four hole bracket on the back for mounting weights or a weight box. I don't use it much so I haven't bothered.

/ Extra weight on a scrape blade #4  
Here is what I added to mine. I made the weights to hang on the front of my tractor but later bought a couple of suitcase weights so these got moved to my blade. They weigh about 50 lbs each. 200 lbs on there definitely makes a difference.

Attachments

• 100_2413.jpg
    100_2413.jpg
    740.2 KB · Views: 1,377
   / Extra weight on a scrape blade #5  
I took a similiar approach with suit case weights so I could use them on my back blade and to add more weight to a box blade. I drilled and tapped the weights which allows it to slip on both attachments and lock them in place.

ForumRunner_20130616_103758.png

/ Extra weight on a scrape blade
Thanks for the ideas. I will post some pictures after I am done.

/ Extra weight on a scrape blade #7  
You could also get a rod and wed it on and hang old workout barbell weights, there usually cheap at thrift stores.

/ Extra weight on a scrape blade #8  
I put 350lbs on my box blade and that made it a useable attachment. Before it was a skipper not a ripper unless it was almost muddy. I need to hold it back now or it will cut more than I want sometimes.

/ Extra weight on a scrape blade #9  
On the land plane that I built, I built a rack on top to hold 6 cement blocks, just under the max lift on my 186D. Works great.

/ Extra weight on a scrape blade #10  
Did you try adjusting the toplink?