Tires 3110D Rims

/ 3110D Rims #1  

feoneill9

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar/3110D
Hi:
I need tires size 12.4-26. You can not find them. Someone said that you can change the tires to a 28 in rim then use 28" tires, much cheaper. Someone also said that you can use a "6 loop 28" ford rim"? How would I put them on my 26 in hubs?

thanks

feoneill9

/ 3110D Rims
Hi:
winston1
Many thanks for the reply.

I think I can get away with one size up. Thanks for the Simple tire price. Its high but soon I'll have to bit the bullet.

feoneill9

/ 3110D Rims #4  
I thought fredricks gave you a different tire size option for less $$

/ 3110D Rims
Hi kenmac:
Fredricks did but I want to see it changing to ford rims will make it cheaper in the long run.

I may be wrong but there are a lot more ford rims and tires out there than 26 inch rims and tires.

feoneill9

/ 3110D Rims #6  
fwtw and certainly not saying its right but my 3810 which is the same chassis as yours came with 14.9x24 and they are pretty close to the right roll out they are about 1" taller so a bit further rollout. hth

/ 3110D Rims
Hi Car Doc:

Thanks for the info. I don't know if the 24" rims will bolt to the 26" rims that I have. They may have to be modified and where would I found 24" rims?

Thanks
feoneill9

/ 3110D Rims #8  
Hi kenmac:
Fredricks did but I want to see it changing to ford rims will make it cheaper in the long run.

Unless you drive your machine on roads or rocky terrain, I'd be surprised if you didn't get another 25 or 30 years of service out of a new set of tires. For me, I would figure that by the time the tires were not serviceable anymore, I probably wouldn't care. If you know ahead of time that you're going to wear out the ag tires, you may be better off transitioning to an R4 type tire anyway. Hey Wheel will make you rims and center sections for whatever you tell them, and aren't unreasonable at all, in my view. The products of theirs I have seen (I mentioned them to a buddy who had them cut some special rims for a hotrod) were nicely done and priced well.

While $1000 is a lot for a pair of tires, I doubt it will be cheaper to buy a new set of 28 inch tires and matching rims to fit your Yanmar. If you replace the tires again you'll be ahead financially, but, again, how long do you plan to use the machine? You should get a couple decades of service from the replacement tires. It's just a thought.

/ 3110D Rims #9  
Im thinking the same thing as international. I am still amazed when i hear of anyone wearing out thier yanmar tires!!

I can see if there so dry rotted that the tube is blown out of the side and a boot wont hold it in anylonger, but i see almost no wear on my tracor tires in 3 years. But i do have a thread were i said i only use mine about 25 hours a year. But to use mine i have to drive about 1.5 miles down a paved road from my uncles (were i keep it) to my acerage and then back. The use on the place is in dirt or grass so there is extra wear abouve my 25 hours associated with the road driving. I also do some disking of my food plot which slipping the tires in dirt will wear them way faster than mowing on grass.

I estimate based upon my last 3 years of observed wear i have a good 20ish years left in these current tires!!!

/ 3110D Rims
Hi:
Hi 284 International

The tires are dry rotted and while serviceable that are not going to last for 3 to 4 years.

I know its either spending a lot of money to fix this or put the money toward a newer tractor.

I'm not going to live forever either!

Appreciate the info.

feoneill9