YM 180

/ YM 180 #1  

rangerrick180

Tractor
ym 180
HI FOLKS, NEW TO FORUM. I HAVE A YM180 IT HAS A FOOT THROTTLE AND A LEVER THROTTLE
MY QUESTION IS DOES THE THROTTLE SUPPOSEED TO STAY IN PLACE WHEN THROTTLED UP.
WHEN I PUSH IT UP IT COMES RIGHT BACK DOWN. ALSO I HAVE SOME HYDRAULIC FLUID THAT
READS 303 ON THE OUTSIDE OF CONTAINER IS THIS GOOD FOR MY YANMAR?
THANKS IN ADVANCE

/ YM 180 #2  
The throttle lever should stay in place at whatever RPM you desire. There is a spring that can be adjusted or replaced, on a few I was able to tighten the nut a bit where the lever connects to the throttle rod to tighten it.

JD 303 Hydraulic/Trans Fluid or equivalent is all you need. (It must be a combination of the 2, not just straight hydraulic fluid.)

/ YM 180 #3  
Make sure the friction disc.is there and in good cond. in the throttle linkage.

/ YM 180 #4  
On my YM240 the hard rubber friction disc recently broke in half and fell out. I made a replacement from an old inner tube patch kit that didn't work at all - it became gummy and was both stiff and wouldn't hold rpm. A couple of weeks ago I made another replacement from rubber gasketing - maybe neoprene? that works fine. I should have ordered a replacement from Hoye and avoided the aggravation of that gummy one.

/ YM 180 #5  
I'm pretty new to the group too and this is my first tractor. I don't post much but I read just about every post and it pays off, I've learned a lot from these ''old timers'' here, lol. Welcome to the group rangerrick!

Last edited: