QUESTION RE YN3110

/ QUESTION RE YN3110 #1  

paulBurns

Tractor
Ym3110
I have a 3110 that I have owned about 3-4 weeks. when I first got it all seemed normal but after using it a few hours I started seeing fuel on the outside of the muffler pipe at the top. The top 7-10 inches of the exhaust stays wet with diesel when the tractor is running. If I am running hard it will start smoking on the outside of the exhaust and and evaporating somewhat.
The only connection I can make is that about the time I started noicing it was when I was tilling in some hard clay and the tractor bogged down bad a few times. Also I usually operate at about 2000 rpm. Today pulling a light duty hay rake the mufflr was wet all day but the tractor seemed to run fine.
Does anyone have any experience with this and do all do it.

/ QUESTION RE YN3110 #2  
If it's raw fuel that's bad it could be a sticking injector and since the manifold is getting hot it may be. It'd check for oil that'd be more common. Check the crankcase to ensure it's not full of raw fuel. It could be a sign of lugging but i'd assume not at 2000rpm.

/ QUESTION RE YN3110
Good thought Shady.
Thinking back I do not know any of the history of the tractor prior to a few weeks ago. Then it had a full dipstick of clean oil and when I checked it yesterday it was bad low and I had to add about two quarts or so. It could be oil on the muffler instead of diesel. It does smoke a little in normal operation even after warming up but not a lot.
Looking at the dipstick I did not think to check for diesel--I will change the oil first thing tomorrow and see if I can tell if it has diesel fuel in the oil.
If it is a sticking injector should I add some cleaner like in a car to the fuel?? What kind is best??
You can tell I am not much of a mechanic and for sure not familiar with diesels. Thanks for the help

/ QUESTION RE YN3110 #4  
Some people use injector cleaner. I feel it is better to have them checked by an injection shop that has the proper equipment to test them & rebuild if necessary.

/ QUESTION RE YN3110 #5  
Motor oil in diesel engines will turn black rather quickly from what I understand. Just because the oil is black doesn't mean that the oil is worn out. Check for oil leaks. My tractor does something very similar to yours. I've put 30-40 hours on it since I noticed it doing that. post about my problem

/ QUESTION RE YN3110
Thanks for the info Mark and Lens
I checked your your post threads and it sheds a lot of light on the problem of the wet muffler. One question Mark did yours just stop or did you do something to it.
I checked my oil today and it is up to the full mark after about three hours of medium use and shows no sigh of anything in the oil.
Again thanks for the help.