Traction Drive train YANMAR FX24D

/ Drive train YANMAR FX24D #1  

GWSMITH

Tractor
yanmar fx24d
I have a Rebuilt/Refurb YANMAR FX 24 D. There is no power to the REAR wheels but the PTO works and the FRONT wheel drive pulls OK. The Diff lock does not give any power either. There is no note worthy noise from the rearend. I am looking for a reasonable mechanic near Winnsboro, TX. I have a service manual that I purchased from HOYE. The manual is not for the FX 24 D but they said it would get me through any project.

/ Drive train YANMAR FX24D #2  
Ok GW, we will start over. Welcome to the forum. :welcome: I guess you have already answered the question but I'll look foolish and ask anyway. Are you against working on it yourself?

/ Drive train YANMAR FX24D
Up to this point it has been a self help program. I am smart enough to buy the service man. But my background does not support much more. I just don't have the memory to tear it down and think I might get it back together.

/ Drive train YANMAR FX24D #4  
Hi GW welcome again :) this is just my idea but it sounds like a broken rear axle or possibly a differential pinion shaft broke.

I have a man from church that makes "Show Tractors", from old field stock. He will come and work with me early next week, 16 Sept. 2013, and see if we can start down the right path.

/ Drive train YANMAR FX24D #6  
Sounds like he ought to be a good one. Best of luck to you. Keep us informed.

I will note the progress here as we get things opened up.

/ Drive train YANMAR FX24D #8  
We love pictures and they might help you in putting it back together. :D

Good point on the photos as an aid to reassembly. Now I will get to be a BIG GUY if I can figure out how to post a photo.

/ Drive train YANMAR FX24D #10  
If you have any pictures on your computer I bet you can do it. Just go to the "go advanced" reply box and then on to "manage attachments" and just follow instructions. :thumbsup: Sending you a pm. (private message)