Hyd fluid and filter

/ Hyd fluid and filter #1  

grainger12002

Platinum Member
Tractor
yanmar 336d w ldr,Cub,many attachments
just changed the engine oil and filter,used delo 15-40 this time, had rotella prior,seems to like the delo better but not sure why..336d is due for hyd filter and fluid and screen cleaning as well, anyone with preference on hyd fluid,brand vs.cost ? How about the spin on filter,any luck w a cross to wix or napa for the hyd. filter ?

From CT.....

/ Hyd fluid and filter #2  
The Yanmar part number for the hydraulic is 194464-48310. Wix says 51525 is a cross. That is a 21 micron filter with a flow rating of 7 to 9 gpm. I know the one I use on my 2002d is a 30 micron and has a 28 to 30 gpm rating. I know Hoyes cautions against some of these filters plugging quick and not allowing proper flow. At the same time It is hard for me to accept that Wix would cross a number if they didn't have confidence in it. Guess you will have to decide. :confused3:

/ Hyd fluid and filter #3  
How often do you guys change the hydraulic fluid

/ Hyd fluid and filter #4  
I don't have a set time. I have changed it twice since I bought in in January of 2008. First time because I had no idea what condition the strainer was in. Turns out it was clean. Changed it the 2nd time with about 300 hours on it. I have put a little over 700 hours on the tractor since January 2008. I have 212 hours on the last change and probably won't change again till at least 300 hours, maybe more. When I have changed my fluid always looks good. My tractor lives in a garage and I am to old to get out in the rain so it is pretty much protected from the elements.

What about you, how often do you change?

/ Hyd fluid and filter #5  
Can you elaborate on why you say it likes the delo oil better then rotella? Just curious as I have heard good things about the demo oil..I have always used rotella 15-40 in my yanmar..but not against switching if you know something I dont..

I use Rotella Synthetic 5-40 in my ATV and love it.

/ Hyd fluid and filter #6  
Can you elaborate on why you say it likes the delo oil better then rotella? Just curious as I have heard good things about the delo oil..I have always used rotella 15-40 in my yanmar..but not against switching if you know something I dont.
I use Rotella Synthetic 5-40 in my ATV and love it.

/ Hyd fluid and filter
i like the rotella as well, just seems the delo wears a bit better and stays or looks cleaner for a bit longer than the rotella. Not sure if theres much diff between the two or if clean means better, i too have great luck w rotella,just a comment on the delo-

/ Hyd fluid and filter #8  
I am a Delo fan also. i use it in everything and swear by it, engines stay clean and definitely are quieter.

/ Hyd fluid and filter #9  
I have always sort of been of the opinion that oil turning dark, especially with diesel use, is just because it is doing it's job of picking up the hydrocarbons. I'm just putting this out there for opinion, certainly not saying this is correct or good. So other than showing possible engine wear is the oil turning dark showing the oil to be better or worse? I use the Rotello too but would sure switch if convinced delo is better.

/ Hyd fluid and filter #10  
What about you, how often do you change?

This will be my third year with the tractor and I put about 50 or so hours on a year. I have changed it twice now and it comes out very clean. I was wondering if I could get away with a change every two years