ym186 hydraulic fluid/trans change question.

/ ym186 hydraulic fluid/trans change question. #1  

scoops

Bronze Member
I see the bolt that needs unscrewed to drain the fliud, but also noticed two bolts on the bottom towards the back that face the ground, should these
be removed as well, it looks like some fluid could be in there as they look like 1/2 circles, where gears might be.

/ ym186 hydraulic fluid/trans change question. #2  
A bolt and plug are two different things. A bolt should not have to be removed to drain the fluid. A plug should. Just looking at the parts drawing of 186 it would appear their are two plugs toward the back right at the axle housing. If it is a plug I'd pull it out and see what happens. I believe they will have o-rings on them per parts list. Here is the parts list if you want to have a look at figure 35, items 12 and 13. http://downloads.pfgaustralia.com.au/intranetwebcache/Parts/PARTS LISTINGS/Yanmar/YM186D.pdf

/ ym186 hydraulic fluid/trans change question.
Thanks Winston. I guess whats confusing me is I see the plug for the transmission drain, then I see two bolts, similar to the engine drain bolt.
I was questioning whether those need removed as well.

/ ym186 hydraulic fluid/trans change question.
Loosened those two bolts and more fluid came out. am now good to go. FYI. the 4 bolt cover that secures the removable and cleanable strainer/filter was very hard to get off. I had to gently pry all around the cover until it finally started
to ease off.

/ ym186 hydraulic fluid/trans change question. #5  
Sounds like you are going to be good to go before long. :thumbsup:

/ ym186 hydraulic fluid/trans change question. #6  
Did the same thing about a month or so ago, but also found both vent tubes plugged. Might want to check them as well.